Inventory Clerk- Days 'A Shift'
- Experience with inventory management and cycle counting
- Data entry relating to inventory receipts, transfers, production and adjustments
- Verifies clerical computation against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies
- Prepares reports, such as inventory balance, safety stock calculations, demand rates, price lists and shortages
- Assist with month-end and year-end physical inventories.
- Communicate cross-functionally to resolve any issues
- Ensure that all inventory/production/shipping/receiving reports are generated and sent timely and accurately
- Perform weekly inventory reconciliations of spare parts
- Enter production into client system, if applicable, to announce new lot codes for finished goods, track products lots used in production, and deduct inventory quantities of component product
- Assist other departments and/or clients with any inventory related questions, requests for information, or issues
- Maintain/Order “other material” for production supplies
- Track cancelled and reduced PO’s for scrapping/recovery for payment on DO’s
- Willing to work overtime and/or weekends as requested by Supervisor
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Associates Degree in Business
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Must be detail oriented.
- 2+ years of relevant experience required.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Bilingual (Japanese) preferred
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Must be able to create reports in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Must be able to motivate team members, and work in a high performing team environment. Will need to counsel and deliver performance appraisals to operators.
- Must have a safety conscientious attitude.
- In the absence of a supervisor, must be able to make safe, business minded, conscientious decisions when issues arise.
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 20 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 35 lbs.: Continuous
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Continuous
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.