Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for Tesla electric vehicle. Since starting battery production in 2017, Panasonic grew up dramatically and has produced significant number of cells and it shows the very strong partnership with Tesla.
This remarkable growth is the result of great collaboration of US and Japanese team members. And Japanese member (expatriate and Visitor) took a very important part on this growth, transferring their experience, skills and implementing new technology. These activities will continue for the future success of this business.
This position is position’s primary function is to facilitate integration to life in the United States for both expatriates and Japanese visitors.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Assist visitors, expatriates and expatriate’s families by providing sufficient living and working environments during their stay in the US. This includes arranging hotel accommodations, transportation to and from work site, and other daily living necessities
- Coordinate and assist in daily living arrangements for expatriates and their families from Japan (driver’s license, school selection, English lessons, doctor’s appointments etc.)
- Conduct orientation for expatriates from Japan regarding basic knowledge about local area and work rules
- Assist HR team on administrative issues for entire employee base
- HR procedure of expatriates’ arrival and leave (collaborating with Regional Headquarters)
- Resolve HR matters in PENA related to Japanese expatriates and visitors
(some cases may collaborate with Japanese HR team.)
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of working experience in a related field (Degree in Human Resource, International Business or related field are preferred)
- Prior work experience in Japanese company desired
- Strong communication skills, verbal/written
- Must have the ability to work with employees, visitors etc. within all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility required
- Strong PC Skills. Microsoft (Word/Excel/power point), Outlook
- Lift up to 45 pounds
- Work Environment: required to walk quite long distance (more than 4 miles per day) to visit offices which Japanese visitors and expatriates work.
Occasionally, this position requires transporting sick visitor or expats to the hospital or doctor appointments using a designated company car, inclusive of the weekends.
- Fluency in English and Japanese, both verbal and written, is required
- Travel Requirements
- Up to 10% of domestic travel required for administrative processing (locations include the Bay area, Carson City)
- Must have valid driver license and reliable transportation to support travel requirements.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.