Panasonic – Intern, Staff Accountant for Finance (Summer 2021)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
This intern position will support the team with various ad hoc projects, data validation & analysis and month end close responsibilities.
The PNA Management Support Group is responsible for the financial accounting function and the oversight of the financial accounting processes of the company. This includes ensuring financial statements are completed timely and accurately in compliance with US GAAP and IFRS, and that our accounting records contain the information necessary to meet our reporting requirements to internal management, for tax compliance, and reporting of financial results to head office according to prescribed procedures.
- Supports the preparation of monthly financials statements and consolidation activities.
- Provide support to group companies to ensure proper resolution of issues arising from monthly/quarterly closing.
- Supports the maintenance of chart of accounts, trading partner codes and related matters
- Supports preparation and filing of government surveys and related forms/schedules.
- Assist with gathering back-up support and preparation of monthly journal entries
- Assist with preparation of management reports and analysis as needed
- Other ad hoc projects as required
- Reports to Senior Manager, MSG - Consolidations
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Working toward a four-year degree in accounting or related field
- Proficient in Excel
- Analytic skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Proactive and collaborative attitude
- Ability to multi-task, be organized and maintain strong attention to details.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to interact effectively with all internal departments and all levels of management
- No travel required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.