Panasonic – Intern, Social Media (Summer 2020)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Content Creation: Work with the marketing team to create and implement social media content to support all categories of the consumer electronics business. Includes curation of photos and videos for posts, copywriting and editing, primarily for Instagram and Facebook.
Tool Management: Manage day-to-day social content across our platforms and tools in order to improve visibility and overall brand experience. Includes publishing calendar development and maintenance, analytics monitoring and administration of our user-generated-content platform.
Engagement: Engage directly with our audience across multiple platforms, answering questions, commenting and liking content in order to expand our following and build brand loyalty.
Strategy and Planning: Work with marketing and merchandising stakeholders to understand the needs of the business and translate them into unique social media campaigns that appropriately reach our target audience(s). Pitch ideas for new strategies and potential channels for engagement.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Current College student, marketing or creative major preferred
- Experience in a variety of social media – expertise in Facebook, Instagram and YouTube as well as social listening and publishing tools (Sprinklr, HootSuite, etc.)
- Strong experience in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop especially – for content development
- Demonstrated copywriting ability, ideally in social context
- Experience reading and interpreting social analytics
- Develop content for a diverse audience, often differing significantly from one product category to another
- Manage multiple channels concurrently, maintaining 360° touchpoints for messaging consistency
- Juggle multiple competing priorities, applying time to campaigns and audiences that have the most impact
- Ability to collect, summarize and present data in a way that is meaningful at an executive level
- Partner with the marketing team on goals, audience and strategy
- Work with product and merchandising team members to fully understand product differentiators and market work with creative team to develop content that is on-brand and consistent with other marketing activities
- Serve as a brand ambassador, passionately committed to growing our audience
- Required to be on-site in Newark NJ
- Must show examples of social media accounts you currently manage
- Must provide a portfolio of social content created – including both visuals and copy
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.