Panasonic – Intern, Product Management
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Supports the Product Manager in developing and directing all Merchandising and Marketing programs for a specific product line. Assists in determining overall marketing objectives and recommends strategies, including positioning pricing and promotional activities
- Assist in the development of line segmentation strategies by channel.
- Identify product feature requirements based on analysis of marketplace technology trends, competitive strategies and product offerings, and retailer business needs.
- Maintain clear communication and strong relationships with domain and factory personnel to incorporate U.S. product needs and influence new product design.
- Collaborate with domain in the development of product roadmaps.
- Maintain product spec informational database.
- Utilize a high degree of product specific technical knowledge to define USPs (unique selling propositions) and accompanying benefit stories.
- Develop and assist with presentations as needed to communicate details of product line and train internal and external customers on products, technologies, USPs, etc.
- Assist in the planning and presentation of monthly PSI, monthly, quarterly and annual financial forecasts.
- Understanding of online business, Amazon Vendor Central and Walmart Retail Link
Product Pricing Management:
- Maintain competitive pricing database.
- Recommend price movements such as sell-through allowances and other price adjustments.
- Develop pricing analyses and internal change approval documentation (e.g., RFAs).
- Maintain internal price reference sheets and margin matrixes.
- Create and distribute announcement materials for communicating pricing actions to external partners.
- Responsible for assisting the SPM in achieving the category sales budget, purchase and inventory target on a monthly and annual basis
- Assist the Product Manager with the creation of RFA’s, CORF approval and PSMS Forms
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business or other relevant field of study
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
- Excellent PC Skills to include proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor in a variety of situations.
- Ability to work independently, analyze data, organize details:
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.