Panasonic – Intern, HR Analytics and Operations (Summer 2021)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
In this internship you will have the opportunity to gain real world experience by working closely with members of Panasonic North America’s Talent Analytics team. You will have the opportunity to: engage in strategic cross-functional activities such as Organizational Assessments, Data Analysis and Presentation, HR Metrics and Reporting, Analytics System Deployment, and Government Compliance; gain exposure to senior executives and build a valuable network of peers, managers, and leaders across the company; acquire knowledge of key businesses through enterprise-wide exposure; receive ongoing coaching and mentoring – including goal setting and regular performance reviews. As an HR Analytics and Operations intern, you will partner with HR Business Partners, Generalists, and division leaders across our businesses. In this position, you will learn and you will grow. Your voice will be heard; you will have a unique opportunity to help drive meaningful change. Own your own project that will impact our team.
- Support design, execution, and analysis of employee engagement initiatives and research studies. Highlight findings and create presentations to provide practical insights into how best to motivate and manage the workforce of today and plan for the workforce of tomorrow
- Support implementation of enterprise talent analytics system, including stakeholder and change management activities, communications creation, training development, etc.
- Government compliance tasks such as: Gather reports required for AAP, EEO-1 and Vets-4212 filings and facilitate data exchange with outside law firm; obtain any missing data from reporting as requested by law firm
- HR Operational tasks such as: creating headcount reports, assist monthly benefits billing process, book travel and coordinate lunch meetings as needed for VP Assist with Coordinating HR All Hands Meetings Quarterly
- Special projects based on business priorities
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- A graduating senior pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Industrial Relations, or Business Administration with an emphasis/focus on HR, or a related field; Master’s student preferred
- 1-2 years of corporate experience; preferably in a best practices organization
- Previous experience in communications and/or data analysis highly preferred
- Must be proactive and self-driven and results-oriented
- Desire to work in team-based projects; highly collaborative
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Quantitative and data-driven
- Ability to manage and work with confidential information
- Comfort with “learning on the fly”
- Good project management and planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solutions orientated
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Relationship Management
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills and experience
- Effective networking skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Good project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to conduct storytelling with data highly preferred
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.