Panasonic – Intern, Data Engineer (Immediate Opening / Spring 2021)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you’ll get to do:
Panasonic Corporation of North America is looking for an Intern, Data Engineer to support the Customer Insights and Analytics team in the optimization of our media marketing mix, increasing new customer acquisition, measuring attribution, and making marketing more effective through designing and building a robust data pipeline architecture to drive our digital marketing strategy across various marketing teams enterprise-wide.
The Intern, Data Engineer will have an interest, and ideally some exposure, with data infrastructure and architecture, data frameworks, and processes to integrate disconnected and disparate data sources into automated datasets for analyst's consumption. The ideal candidate will also have experience working with enterprise metrics, strong operational skills to drive speed and efficiency, expertise in building repeatable data engineering processes, and strong project management skills. Experience with marketing and sales data sets is a huge plus.
- Support the design and implementation of data pipelines, both batch and real-time, to produce reliable data for various data consumption use cases.
- Assist in dataset design, creation, and curation; including the frameworks to derive metrics to deliver data products for KPI’s, visualization, data science, and analysis.
- Build automation and monitoring frameworks that deliver reliable, accurate, easy-to-understand metrics and operational KPIs to stakeholders for data pipeline quality and performance.
- Support data, pipeline design, and other related big data and programming technologies.
- Proactively identify reliability and data quality problems, and drive triaging and remediation processes.
- Partner with data producers in understanding data sources, enable data contracts, and define the data model that drives analytics.
- Partner with Analysts and Data Scientists to deliver reliable data that powers actionable insights.
- Evaluate various technologies and platforms in open source and proprietary products. Execute proof of concept on new technology and tools to pick the best tools and solutions.
- Understand data governance practices such as metadata management, data lineage, and data glossaries a huge plus.
- Foster operational excellence & continuous improvement.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Ideally a student pursuing their Masters degree in ISEM, MSIS, Computer Science or equivalent field, with 2+ years of relevant experience within the big data/data warehousing domain.
- Some experience in complex, matrixed enterprise / corporate environments managing data infrastructure and pipelines preferred.
- Solid understanding of RDBMS concepts, data structures, and distributed data processing patterns.
- Knowledge of programming pipelines in languages like Python, Scala, Java, etc.
- Experience in big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with Cloud technologies like AWS, GCP, Containers, Kubernetes.
- Hands-on knowledge of Salesforce products and functionalities a plus.
- Experience with Sales and Marketing data is a huge plus.
- Experience working with BI/data visualization tools such as Domo.
- Ability to partner with Analysts and Data Scientists to understand stakeholder requirements and design prototypes to bring ideas to production.
- Passionate, curious, self-starter and innovative mentality.
- Interest in marketing and analytics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills