Panasonic requires an experienced commercial lawyer with previous in-house experience for a fixed 12 month maternity cover. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting Panasonic’s UK subsidiary AeroMobile, with a significant focus on telecommunications roaming agreements, and will be based in the AeroMobile offices in Crawley, UK. The successful candidate will also be required to support the Panasonic office in Langley, UK, and the Panasonic legal team in California, working with the Deputy General Counsel to provide corporate and transnational legal advice to Panasonic while ensuring company policy, compliance policy and various departmental procedures are followed. The successful candidate will report to the Deputy General Counsel in California and must be comfortable working remotely from the rest of the team.
Provide full legal and transnational support for AeroMobile:
- Advise on various business transactions, particularly in the areas of procurement and general commercial matters. Provide legal support to various departments on complex business transactions, and propose solutions which balance the risk/benefit.
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial agreements in support of procurement and sales.
- Draft, review and negotiate GSMA telecommunication roaming agreements and IOT discount agreements, with operators around the world, to safeguard the company’s interest. Work closely with the roaming team and finance to ensure that the discount agreements accurately reflect the agreed mandate and the financial reconciliation/revenue recognition principles.
- Handling any ad-hoc legal issues that may arise.
Support the Panasonic Legal Department:
- Advise on various business transactions, particularly in the areas of procurement, sales, strategic partnerships, technology licensing, and general commercial matters. Provide legal support to various departments on complex business transactions, and propose solutions which balance the risk/benefit. Draft, review, and negotiate agreements to safeguard the company’s interest.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice and counseling on various legal issues as they arise.
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned, in support of the corporate and legal functions of the Panasonic and AeroMobile organisations.
- Previous in-house experience essential with an international company.
- Experience of negotiating contracts globally.
- Experience within a telecommunications provider and knowledge of international roaming contracts and procedures extremely desirable.
- Aviation industry experience desirable.
- Excellent contract negotiation skills.
- Experience with, and up to date knowledge of, European data protection/privacy laws and regulations extremely desirable.
- Ability to interface successfully with executives and all levels of internal and external clients to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, meet deadlines, and resolve complex problems with a thorough understanding of the business and legal environments.
- Demonstrated ability to implement legal strategies to meet business goals.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptive and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic and high-growth environment.
- Work well under pressure with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Outstanding communication skills, highly presentable and articulate. Communicate and interact effectively with multiple levels within the organisations.
- Must be self-motivated, well organized and detail oriented.
- Creative problem solver who possesses sound business judgment and common sense.
- Demonstrated ability to diffuse high pressure situations and work out difficult problems.
- Proficient in MS Office software including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- UK Qualified Lawyer
- 7+ Years PQE.