What we Offer
We know that our success is due to the hard work of our employees, and we reward their efforts with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Medical, Dental, and Pension Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Programs
- Ongoing Development/Training Opportunities
We are currently hiring for two (2) 2nd or 3rd Year Apprentices to work in our Installation Department, primarily in grocery store and/or cold storage distribution formats. The successful incumbents will work directly with our installation team and under the direction of project forepersons in the installation division.
- Case setting, piping, insulating refrigeration lines, hangers and general clean up.
- Install, program, troubleshoot, and maintenance and repair of refrigeration and HVAC systems.
- Use and maintain all trade specific materials, tools, instrumentation, and equipment pertaining to the project.
- Timely completion of assigned projects with focus on customer satisfaction.
- Follow applicable building and safety code requirements during the Installation of such equipment and controls.
- Participate in requirements under Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Act, including maintenance of log book and continuation of ongoing training and development.
The successful candidate would have:
- Successful completion of entry level (Block 1) courses, plus relevant work experience totaling minimum 2000 hours. Experience in piping would be an asset.
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration and electrical fundamentals.
- Driver’s license appropriate to local requirements and a safe driving record.
- Physically able to climb ladders and to lift objects up to 75 lbs. pounds, perform safety sensitive work, work aloft, and work in inclement weather.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and out of town as required.