Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing, and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers worldwide. The customer base includes supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and food service.
You will oversee assigned site branch Installation projects, report progress to Installation Supervisor/Project Manager with the optimal goal to provide safe, quality, and efficient service as well as maximize profit and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel
- Communicate with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors, and field support staff
- Ensure compliance with internal contracting processes regarding customer-specific documentation and closeout processes
- Maintain accuracy of forecasted cost at completion by reviewing hours worked and material cost of project
- Meet with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project: budgets, performance, and closeout
- Coordinate installation or remodel job onsite to include installers and helpers; provide supervision.
- Duties may include coordinating material, estimating labor, and requisitioning materials and supplies (tools, equipment, replacement parts, etc.)
- Perform all job duties of an installation technician
- Delegate tasks and motivate individuals
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules
- Exhibit strong leadership skills and manage the team in a professional manner
- Manage multiple priorities with minimal guidance and direction
- High school or 10 years’ experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years in commercial refrigeration in a supermarket environment
- EPA 608 Certification preferred but not required
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record
- Ability to read and comprehend plans and blueprints as appropriate to trade regarding the installation of all cabling, communication loops, and components associated with the installation of energy management and refrigerant leak systems
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and highly motivated
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work nights, weekends and out of town as required
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities/task in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational, time management skills
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy
- Strong customer focus skills
- Strong project management skills and high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to making decisions, learn quickly, thinking rationally and exercising good judgment. Work effectively in diverse team environment
- Ability to work both individually and as a team with minimum supervision
The salary range of $25.29 – $38.89 per hour is just one component of Hussmann’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.