The Installation Biller is responsible for project set-up, progress monitoring, and customer billing. This person works closely with the Installation Manager, Project Managers and customers, to ensure the projects are completed on time. The role is responsible for working with a multiple project portfolio issuing 1 or 2 subcontracts per project where Hussmann is normally a sub-contractor.
Setup project in the business system based on Sales to Operations transition documents.
Assist in the initiation and tracking of contract projects to ensure compliance and successful completion date.
Prepare invoices for billing and any additional documentation required for billing purposes. Processes invoices and validates them according to project contract documentation.
Works with the Project Manager and assists in forecasting projects. Assists Project Manager with project cost at completion forecast. Validates and reconciles project cost data in the business system to the project forecast.
Gathers and records information to assist with process compliance monitoring.
Initiates, processes and tracks the progress of contracting business unit claims.
Initiate documents for purchase orders, subcontracts and change orders.
Comprehend Customer Contracts to determine the need for project-specific documents.
Coordinate with customers on contract documentation including tax documents, purchase orders and general information.
Coordination of various staff for accurate and timely recording of project costs, including timesheets, daily reports, etc.
Additional responsibilities as assigned.
FORMAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
Required Level: High School OR Five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred level: Bachelor’s Degree
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE NECESSARY: 0 – 5
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities/tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, required.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours, as required.
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is preferred.
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy
- Accounting experience and basic comprehension of journal entries required
- Ability to read and comprehend construction contract terms and conditions
- Experience with construction estimating, and construction licensing, a plus
- Ability to work dependably and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to making decisions, learn quickly, thinking rationally and exercising good judgment. Work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Detailed Orientated
- Customer Service Experience