Are you ready to realize your potential? Hussmann’s business is growing, and our services are in high demand. We offer real opportunities to advance your career. Competitive hourly rates based on experience.
Join the Hussmann family!
Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing, and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers worldwide. The customer base includes supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and food service.
The Refrigeration Installation / Startup Technician is responsible for performing start-up and functionality checking on newly installed HVAC, plumbing and electrical components, equipment, and systems. Completes all required documentation and routes to appropriate manager/supervisor. Interfaces with customers and clients, internal managers, and vendors. Works under limited supervision, makes decisions based on expertise, knowledge, and coordination with internal management. Follows well-defined procedures but has the authority to deviate from them if the technical situation warrants. Trains and provides guidance to Start-Up Technicians with less experience to improve their skill set.
- Performs start-up and functionality checking on newly installed HVAC, plumbing and electrical components, equipment, and systems
- Checks newly installed equipment for operation IAW engineering or factory specifications
- Ensures all components and systems are installed per applicable city and trade code
- Works directly with other subcontractors or vendors to insure proper operation of equipment
- Interprets drawings, identifies errors/omissions, and advises the appropriate supervisor
- Install, connect, or adjust thermostats, humidistats, sensors, controllers, and mechanical parts related to the plans
- Disassembles and reassembles commercial mechanical and plumbing equipment to perform trouble shooting and preventative maintenance as needed
- Ensures newly installed equipment is level and aligned
- Explains the work performed to the satisfaction of the customer, startup, and commissioning of building automation and refrigeration systems as necessary
- Provides installation of controls as necessary to ensure complete operation of newly installed and existing equipment and building automation and refrigeration systems
- Diagnoses HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing and/or electrical system performance through observation, testing and setup as required per plans and specifications
- Completes necessary documents in a thorough, accurate and timely manner to complete necessary customer paperwork for invoicing and EPA requirements
- Maintains and manages truck inventory in an accurate, neat, and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (If applicable)
- High school or 10 years’ experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years’ experience in commercial refrigeration in a supermarket environment
- EPA 608 Level III Certification required
- Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal guidance and direction; able to lead others on project
- Capability to read and comprehend plans and blueprints as appropriate to trade regarding the installation of all cabling, communication loops, and components associated with the installation of energy management and refrigerant leak systems
- Capacity to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations
- Ability to read and comprehend plans and blueprints as appropriate to trade regarding the installation of all cabling, communication loops, and components associated with the installation of energy management, refrigerant leak systems and refrigeration load requirements
- Can read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations.
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to 50 pounds
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and highly motivated
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work nights, weekends and out of town as required
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities/task in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational, time management skills
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy
- Strong customer focus skills
- Strong project management skills and high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to making decisions, learn quickly, thinking rationally and exercising good judgment
- Work effectively in diverse team environment
- Ability to work both individually and Lead a team with minimum supervision
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.