The function of the Inside Sales Manager is to provide complete day-to-day oversight to the inside sales team members, mentor and develop the team in order to achieve the company’s sales goals. Responsible for timely quotation activities, same day order entry and 24-hour order confirmation and ensuring responses to customer support questions. Establishes and monitors performance metrics with respect to those activities. Represent Sales in scheduled weekly and monthly meetings. This position requires technical and mechanical aptitude in order to properly communicate with customers, independent sales representatives, installing contractors and service contractors.
- Demonstrate commitment to company’s positive and respectful workplace environment by leading, acting and setting the standard for professionalism.
- Understand and effectively communicate with team members regarding company’s products and services; understand the industry and competition’s products and services.
- Engage and develop existing and prospective customers to ensure their technical and functional needs are determined and provided for by company.
- Maintain account relationships with key decision makers at assigned accounts; cultivate long-term relationships at all levels with key account members.
- Ensure that all sales quotations and orders are accurate as to product models, pricing, calculations, technical and functional requirements, etc.
- Respond timely to customer and management requests.
- Provide back-up support for Inside Sales team.
- Support Director of Sales to grow department, achieve sales goals and enhance efficiencies throughout company.
- Work closely with the production scheduling department to ensure the plant committed ship dates of orders are communicated to the inside sales team, sales people and independent sales representatives in a timely manner.
- Align with the customer team and plant management to develop and implement process improvements to meet or exceed departmental goals, reduce order management cycle time, improve order accuracy and foster a collaborative atmosphere in support of common goals.
- When required, provides technical training for employee populations, customers and contractors at customer sites.
- Bring value to trade shows and industry associations by participating in committees, networking and developing relationships
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred - Business or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years customer sales and technical support experience in related industry
- Basic engineering or technical abilities
- Strong time management skills with the ability to MULTITASK
- Strong Problem-solving abilities and ability to communicate in both oral and written formats
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 20%
- advanced knowledge of all Microsoft office products, especially Excel
- Engineering or Technical Sales experience
- Experience in the commercial refrigeration industry, preferred