Information Security Analyst
The Information Security Analyst monitors, evaluates, and maintains systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, network, databases, and Web-based security. The Analyst will be responsible to research security trends, new methods, and techniques used in unauthorized access of data to preemptively eliminate the possibility of system breach. Additionally, the Analyst manages or perform work associated with analysis, design, implementation, operation, deployment, and support of Panasonic’s (PENA) information technology resources including computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications, data processing and security.
- Monitor PENA’s networks for security breaches and investigate violations when they occur
- Assist in the administration of the Information Security Management Program
- Contribute to develop an Information Security Culture
- Install and use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information
- Conduct data analysis on system results to establish and mitigate risks
- Perform penetration testing while using simulation attacks to look for vulnerabilities within the system
- Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends
- Develop security standards and best practices
- Recommend security enhancements to management
- Facilitate training sessions to assist users when new security products and procedures are deployed
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Programming, or a related field
- Minimum of 4+ years of computer science experience
- Dynamic and engaging facilitation and training skills
- Ability to clearly convey and communicate concepts in simple terms
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 framework
- Information Security Program start up experience
- Experience working under a security department authority
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communicator: Interpersonal and presentation skills
- Competent at Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.