The Industrial Engineer will be working in a cross-functional environment to ensure production operates in the most efficient way possible. The purpose of this position will be to optimize output while reducing non-value-added wastes. The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for collecting data, performing analysis, developing countermeasures, implementing the improvement project, and ensuring the desired outcome is sustained through machine health, operator work planning and material flow.
- Work effectively with operations and support functions to translate process improvement findings into sustained improvements and standard work
- Understand and analyze top down factory SQCDP KGIs for Kaizen/Lean efforts targeting non-value-added activities
- Implement Lean practices (7-Step) to improve manufacturing SQCDP deliverables, impacting material flow, operator efficiency and machine capability.
- Drive and influence change across multiple departments by implementing factory standards
- Strong 5S skillset
- Effectively lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Identify new sources of data and methods for data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Quantify the value of continuous improvement opportunities
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Preferred: None
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge required and ability to implement lean manufacturing tools and methodologies
- Strong technical background, including high volume manufacturing environment
- Strong skills in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel (Macro)) required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and understand complex equipment capabilities, operation/material flow, and data flow
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects
- Minimum of 5+ years in industrial or process engineering strongly desired
- Six sigma Black belt highly preferred
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.