Panasonic Energy of North America (“PENA”) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory 1 near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role in the Gigafactory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is planned to produce cells which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
The Industrial Engineer will be working in a cross-functional environment to ensure production operates in the most efficient way possible. The purpose of this position will be to optimize output while reducing non-value added wastes. The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for collecting data, performing analysis, developing countermeasures, implementing the improvement project, and ensuring the desired outcome is sustained.Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Analyze and report data to meet management/factory needs (many Ad-Hoc reports)
- Identify new sources of data and methods for data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Implement Lean Manufacturing tools and methodologies to improve or solve manufacturing problems by reducing cost/waste or improving quality and/or capability
- Work effectively with operations and support functions to translate process improvement findings into sustained improvements and standard work
- Understand and analyze factory KPIs for Kaizen/Lean efforts
- Research in field (in processes) to validate/obtain data and information
- Analyze labor and equipment utilization to identify and reduce non-value added wastes
- Quantify the value of continuous improvement opportunities
- Drive and influence change across multiple departments by implementing factory standards
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Effectively lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Strong skills in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel (Macro)) required
- Demonstrated ability to implement lean manufacturing tools and methodologies
- Strong technical background, including high volume manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and understand complex equipment capabilities, operation flow, and data flow
- 5+ years in industrial or process engineering strongly desired
- Must be detailed oriented and data driven
- Must be able to walk through out the factory extensively
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills required
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge required
- Six sigma knowledge highly preferred
- Strong background in continuous improvement
Must wear PPE including, safety shoes, clean suit, dust mask or respirator, gloves, safety glasses/safety goggles, hair net during picture and/or video taking on site. Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking.Work Environment
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions. Minimal exposure to Nitrogen.Supplemental Information
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the United States. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.