Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Develop the logistic strategy for PECNA from port of origin / port of entry to warehouse(s). The strategy will include Logistics Analysis, Logistics Cost Roadmap, and auditing and approving of costs related to Logistics.
- This leader will have a team of at least one direct report
- Lead the KPI Management of Logistics team.
- Create monthly forecast of costs related to regular deliveries, accessorial charges, demurrage, and detention cost.
- Strong organizational skills (planning, prioritizing) and communication skills (written, verbal, listening)
- Good understanding of Project Management methodologies and principles and possesses strong technical and analytical skills
- Propose cost saving project and opportunities of improvements in daily operation.
Operational Responsibilities Include:
- Process all indirect Import and export documents
- File, Log, Track and Trace all indirect Ocean & Air Cargo and its documents.
- Make analysis of weekly, monthly, and yearly trend of logistics data.
- Maintain log of all indirect containers/BL# to approve and handle invoices from carriers.
- Allocate and Arrange Air and Ocean (FCL & LCL) shipments from port of entry to warehouse(s).
- Create and/or monitor forecast for both incoming indirect material and repair goods to overseas.
- Collaborate with overseas supplier for making forecast for inbound indirect material.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accuracy of repair goods in terms of packaging and forecast.
- Create and/or monitor commercial invoice and other export documents, including Shippers Letter of Instructions (SLI) and Shippers Export Declaration (SED)
- Coordinate shipping method and scheduling with freight forwarders as well as negotiating, finding cost savings.
- Prepare the shipping documents with various forwarders for export.
- Verify the Freight Fees, Duty/Tax and Inland Fee, POD, and BOL etc.
- Claim the damage to Forwarders, Insurance company, warehouse provider, and initiate disposals with various waste management companies and recycling companies.
- Support warehouse team with inventory accuracy, delivery order accuracy, and container delivery.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university and equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Preferred: None
- 5+ years of experience in logistics, transportation international freight forwarding, and supply chain.
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments including overseas, such as Japan.
- Flexibility to solve the issues without fixed thinking.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to put together proposals, project planning and status updates and executive presentations.
- Have reasoning ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Japanese Language Skills
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy is expanding to Kansas after demonstrating exceptional performance Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems. This role is located in De Soto, Kansas and is responsible for the next phase of Panasonic battery manufacturing for Tesla and Lucid.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. We continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy.