Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
We are currently working remotely until the end of 2021 and will offer a hybrid/remote work schedule once we return to our new offices in Irvine.
Responsible for capturing and analyzing requirements from Finance and partner with IT and outside consultants to deliver EPM solutions. Position will be responsible for EPM applications for Finance and validation of system driven financial output. Will manage projects and will direct people. Will not have any direct reports.
Financial Application Administration
- Validate consolidated monthly Financial Forecast & annual Business Plan from EPM applications.
- Validate consolidated GL and Subsidiary data monthly for Month End Financial Close from EPM application
- Maintain financial allocation drivers and allocations for close and forecast used in EPM applications
- Develop concepts and models for general management improvement e.g. project reporting guidelines
- Ad hoc analysis as required.
Project & Process Improvement
- Partners with technical delivery team on a day-to-day basis to close down any issues with Financial applications.
- Drives continuous improvement and implements with IT technical delivery team repeatable and sustainable processes supporting period-end close, forecast, and business plan.
System Implementation & Enhancement
- Captures and analyze business requirements to formulate application solutions to meet those needs.
- Acts as system project lead as necessary to ensure the successful coordination between finance users, IT and external consultants through completion of the project.
- Knowledge of Oracle EPM products including Hyperion Essbase, Planning, FDMEE, and ODI a plus
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Essbase calc scripts, and data validation technics a plus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Ability to independently address a company system application need with user customers, cooperatively conceive a direction, and bring forth a recommended proposal for IT development and management review.
- Ability to comprehend customer needs and implement the application on time and within budget.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or financial data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in finance, Computer Science, Management Information System, or related field.
- 5+ years of financial planning and business system analysis work in multiple areas including: financial planning, business case development, budgeting, operating plan development, pricing/proposal development, R&D, cost management, cost forecasting.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.