Are you looking for a long-term career? Does working on new and emerging technology in refrigeration appeal to you?
Right now, we’re looking for Lab Technicians – this is someone who will install, instrument and test refrigeration cases and other customer products.
Our Lab Technicians support all activities in the New Product Development groups by testing all new and modified products to make sure they perform to all applicable industry and regulatory standards and meet the expectations of our customers.
Hussmann is a 115-year old company with a great culture, great benefits (including 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 401K match) and great opportunities for advancement.
What you'll do:
- Work in collaboration with the designers, engineers, and model makers developing new innovative products
- Install and instrument refrigerated cases in test rooms.
- Perform testing and collect data as requested
- Coordinate efforts with all the areas of manufacturing in the scheduling and procuring components or parts to ensure timely and efficient completion of assigned projects.
- Document changes/issues during the prototype testing stages of developing a new product and communicates changes/issues to the designer or engineer assigned to the project.
- Assist in the implementation of new products into the manufacturing areas either in Bridgeton or off-site manufacturing facilities.
What you will bring:
- Must be able to read wiring diagrams and be able to assemble and wire case components.
- Working knowledge of refrigeration components required and be certified in brazing preferred.
- Years of experience:
- Technical Associates Degree required and 0-2 yrs experience
- Certification in refrigeration systems is required
- EPA certification for refrigerant handling is a plus
- Your work hours are regular: This is a steady Monday through Friday career year round with day shift hours .
- The work environment is air-conditioned.
- The work is interesting and challenging, giving you the opportunity to grow your skills.
- Tools, shirts & safety shoes provided