Panasonic – HVAC Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here tolearn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do:
- The position will primarily proceed HVAC system development as a liaison between sales, or sales engineer, and product engineering team and possibly Builder and MEP designer. This HVAC engineer will support technical matters, lead preparing Product and System Requirement Document and make alignment with related Panasonic members partners and customers .
- Secondary responsibility will be construction and maintenance of technical knowledge sheet for Panasonic HVAC system and Indoor Air Quality Control system working with HVAC consultants and product engineers. This sheet will be provided with partners to educate how to construct Panasonic HVAC system.
- Thirdly responsibility will be leading HVAC system evaluation in job site and demo house working with colleagues and partners and making necessary modification summarizing report.
HVAC system development
- Propose and define Scope of Work with project members and prepare requirement document.
- Discuss with product engineers including Japan and define detail specifications.
- Estimate system Profit and Loss development cost running fee.
- Technical support for sales and sales engineer like system proposal heat load calculation floor plan check joining the meeting with customers etc.
Construction and Maintenance of technical knowledge sheet for Panasonic HVAC system:
- Add and Modify existing technical knowledge sheet in order to apply each climate Zone working with HVAC consultant in Japan, Supported by Japanese expats.
- Maintain technical knowledge sheet with update from HVAC consultant in Japan.
- Update technical knowledge sheet when new product is developed working with product engineers.
HVAC system evaluation:
- Lead system evaluation in the demo house and job site and compare with designed spec working with colleagues and partners. For instance, planning test procedure, preparing and installing instruments in the house, obtaining thermal data and product operation data, summarizing the report.
- Review the root cause and take countermeasure when there is any issue in evaluation result.
What You'll Bring:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering required.
- Minimum of 2 years of HVAC system design for residential or HVAC product development required.
- Knowledge about house construction and related state code and regulation required.
- Experience with basic scientific inquiry, research techniques, and basic statistical methods background preferred
- Experience of preparing Mechanical Equipment drawing is preferred.
- HERS Rater or having Rater training are preferred.
- Having IoT knowledge is preferred.
- Position is located in San Diego, Ca.
- A full understanding of the requirements of new system and product development from concept to launch, familiar with working within a formal product development process
- Effective project management skills, i.e.project scheduling, resource allocations, risk management, etc. demonstrated ability to lead, manage, work effectively on cross functional teams.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Self- motivated, conscientious and solid work ethic
- Strong, disciplined, decisive, business- oriented leader
- Innovative, customer focused
- Proactive, action and results oriented; operates with a sense of urgency
- Positive attitude embraces new learning and self-improvement.
- Sound business acumen.
- Strong computer skills, MS Word, Excel, PPT, Project
- Familiar with basic statistical techniques.
- Comfortable with change, and ability to lead change.
- Proven ability to communicate with different functions of the organization, different levels of staff, colleagues in overseas and external partners
- English and Japanese capability is preferred
- Work in San Diego office 2 to 3 days per week.
- Training on Product Development at Panasonic Eco Systems North America in San Diego, CA to understand the business and development process
- Some domestic travel may be required, 20 to 30 percent to meetings, trade shows,,testing in job site and customer locations.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.