Hussmann is looking for a Human Resources Generalist who can effectively provide human resource services that will foster a work environment that maximizes the contributions of employees to meet or exceed their customer needs. This person will perform HR Generalist functions for Sales, Service and Installation teams.
- Ensure alignment of HR initiatives with corporate objectives, build and maintain effective relationships with the workforce, and partner with leadership to support business objectives.
- Manage employee relations issues while maintaining confidentiality and observing ethical and professional standards.
- Provide managers with tools and techniques to enable them to coach, recognize, and reward employees when appropriate. Also assist managers proactively manage staff with performance challenges as necessary.
- Maintain a strong visibility with the workforce, develop programs that enhance productivity and employee morale, manage performance evaluation and goal setting for workforce, assist in creating personal development plans for employees, and provide coaching support to all levels of the workforce.
- Ensure that HR practices and policies are in compliance with state and federal regulations and that all actions taken are legally defensible. Implement and enforce policies, procedures, and strategies that balance the needs of the business objectives with employee’s needs.
- Coordinate training efforts utilizing both inside and outside resources.
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing job candidates, helping to hire diverse, quality people to meet business recruitment needs. Utilize external resources as needed.
- Supports and participates in the goal deployment and merit process for all levels of the Branch Operations organization.
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes dates and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Supports the training initiatives of the team including the on-boarding and orientation of new hires, recommendation of training modules for skills and safety.
- Align with the Safety and Management teams in driving safe work practices.
- Bachelors degree required
- 4 + years of experience as a Generalist in Human Resources
- Ability to work independently and support teams that are remote.
- Self-starter, with general instructions
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to assist on multiple projects, including with cross function teams
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)