Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Acting as primary point of contact, this key role is a Strategic Advisor of client services for assigned executives. Serves as the liaison between HR and business executives to develop HR strategy and broker services to deliver desired business outcomes. Provide desired strategic consultation and executive coaching to business functions. Responsible for development of and governance of Human Resources strategy and planning in alignment with business strategy, in partnership with Business Development and HR Leadership Teams. Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements. Interacts with and fosters relationships with senior management and other concerning matters of strategy and significance. May have direct reports that require previous leadership skills.
Strategic Partner - Crafts and implements enterprise-wide strategies that add value.
- Participates in strategic projects providing insight from the business and strategic context that support business objectives.
- Sets service expectations which includes identifying, prioritizing and adjusting HR strategies to support the Business within capacity constraints. Adopts and communicates the agreed expected level of support
- Assists leaders and managers in proactively solving organization, people and change related issues that are aligned and tailored to the business strategy.
- Builds credibility and effective working relationships with executives supported, including coaching of leaders and providing tools to enhance leader’s impact on business.
- Work with Leaders for Organization Planning and Restructures. Drives change initiatives and organizational effectiveness in supported client groups.
- Intakes and assess talent development needs. Provides guidance to develop high performing and next generation leaders
- Manage complex and difficult HR projects cross-functionally.
Operational Manager - Measures and monitors existing policies and procedures.
- Advisor of policies and procedures to leaders, support compliance initiatives and proactive risk management. Reviews policies to add or modify to meet business needs and ensures flow down.
- Exchanges Business Intelligence and performance metrics on a regular basis with executives and HR. Accept full accountability for HR performance against designated objectives.
- Drives the development of analytics and metrics that inform business impact of HR programs, services and projects.
- Provide guidance on performance management cycle.
- Awareness and proactive mitigation of legal, organization, company, and employee level risk.
- Be a company culture and brand ambassador.
- Analyze business data and ensure ownership and accuracy.
- Ensure effective onboarding with new executives and employees in first 90 days, and understand obstacles which impact employees in the 0-5 year bracket.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, delegates assignments to subordinates.
Employee Mediator - Create sustained solutions to individual employee challenges.
- Understand organizational dynamics within and across business lines and manage competing personalities to resolve political problems.
- Resolve employee conflicts to ensure fair, ethical, equitable people processes and practices.
- Ensure regular Executive and Manager level connections are occurring.
- Oversee for business line Engagement Survey Analysis, Focus Group Facilitation and action planning. Provide HR trend analysis to client group leaders.
Emergency Responder - Provides immediate fixes to acute emergencies.
- As primary point of contact for assigned executives, partners with HR Operational Delivery function to ensure all service delivery needs are met. Ensure proper intake/root cause and research, not only solutions. Respond and resolve inquiries, needs and complaints as raised by Executive Leader or their executive assistant. Ensure timely support which fits across HR solution model.
- Ensure employees are connected to proper level of support and that follow up occurs.
- Resolve issues on POS, offers or approvals process, if any.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in HRBP role, closely partnering with business leaders, driving collaboration and implementing change projects
- Proven track record in enabling and driving organizational change and performance excellence
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship. Utilize an enterprise wide consultative approach to produce effective solutions.
- Proficient in the use of MS office suite of software applications i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding communication skills, ability to articulate, communicate and interact with multiple constituencies in the organization including Executive Management level.
- Advanced Project and Change Management skills
- Strong consulting, negotiation and influencing skills at all levels.
- Strong team building and leadership skills for driving high performance teams.
- Ability to manage cross-functional program teams.
- Ability to thoroughly and clearly articulate his/her position(s) concerning problems and/or solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Ability to work effectively with people under pressure including people from diverse cultural and political backgrounds.
- Outgoing, self motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Creative problem solver and able to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine path forward.
- Demonstrated excellent ability to diffuse high pressure situations, articulate and resolve problems, and work out difficult situations/problems.
- Demonstrated excellent organization and planning ability to handle large complex teams and situations.
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organization Leadership, or related field. Graduate coursework highly desired.
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP desired
- A minimum of 10+ years HR experience
- Ability for up to 15% travel to global locations.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.