This is a 12 week program from May 20, 2024 through August 9, 2023. You must be able to attend the entirety of the internship program to be considered.
Panasonic is looking for interns to join our creative team in the Human Resources department. Our Human Resources team is a hard-working and goal-oriented team and they are looking for interns to train in the many facets of HR. In addition, the interns hired for this position will also be exposed to many aspects of manufacturing and will leave this position with invaluable skills and industry knowledge. This internship program is highly regarded in our field, so successful participation will be a great addition to your resume.
- The program will be a fulltime paid summer internship working for Panasonic Energy of North America onsite at the Gigafactory
- The program will be 12 weeks in length, and is planned to occur between Monday, May 20th and Friday, August 9th
- Must attend entirety of internship from the indicated start and end date noted above.
- Must have completed a minimum of 2 years at an accredited university
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited university at the time of the internship
- Areas of internship focus are HR and Talent & Learning Development which includes New Employee Orientation, Leadership Development, Employee Development, Performance Management, and Culture initiatives.
- Additional areas of internship may include HR Operations, Employee Engagement, Employee Relations, and other HR projects as assigned
- This position will also assist in facilitating coordination of companywide meetings, events, and employee engagement programs as well as vendor management
- Other duties as assigned
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Completion of at least two years of full-time enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in in Human Resources, Business, Communications, or related field
- Must be currently enrolled as a fulltime student at an accredited four-year college or university
- Completion of at least two years of full-time enrollment (minimum 12 credit hours per semester) in a Bachelor’s degree program in Human Resources, Business, Communications, or related field
- Basic knowledge of project management processes and tools
- Strong problem-solving & organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; including presentation/facilitation skills
- Ability to write and communicate information clearly and concisely
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Hands-on experience acquired through internships, jobs, research, or personal projects.
- Instructional Design experience and a foundational background in adult learning experience a plus.
- A desire to create a sustainable future through energy storage, renewable energy, and electric vehicles.
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Continuous
- Office Equipment: Continuous
- Phone Continuous
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Hourly Range: $24-$30
The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.