- Building process excellence to elevate the business from start-up phase to robust, world-class HR operations capability.
- Leading a team of HR Operations specialists, in all HR Operational items for our growing business including analytics, reporting, payroll and time keeping, Workday (HCM), Accutime, Job Vite, compensation, I-9 and other related elements.
- Lead a culture of data accuracy and integrity by creating and implementing data maintenance processes and audits.
- Lead and support the long-term integrity of the Workday Environment while being flexible and nimble to the business and new business requirements
- Lead, partner and collaborate with all PEXNA HR Shared Services team members to drive solutions and processes that are key to PENA operations and growth.
- Assisting in developing and implementing a multi-year plan for the evolution of HR operations elements.
- Setting the operational rhythms and service delivery standards, as well as ensuring they are consistently met or exceeded by the team.
- Ensuring high quality HR transactional data management. Owns employee data and accuracy locally.
- Acting as main point of contact for any internal and external audits regarding HR processes, ensuring compliance to existing audit standards, responding to and complying with any internal/external investigations, audits, assessments and leading in corrective actions.
- Developing and sustaining appropriate controls for information, files, data, etc.
- Partnering with HR and Panasonic regional teams (PEXNA) to develop insights for how HR Ops can best serve the evolving needs of our client groups.
- Improving the overall employee experience by strengthening the operational foundation for the business.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Information Systems, Business or related field. Experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in HR, preferably in HR Operations or HR Shared Services setting
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment in a corporate or manufacturing setting either in process improvement, HRIS, HR or shared services role
- Understanding of shared services model and partnering both as a customer and provider.
- Working knowledge of end-to-end employee life cycle processes
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Process expertise from any discipline – ideal candidates have a reputable lean six sigma certification with experience in a live operations environment.
- Analytical orientation – demonstrated capability for data-driven decisions and data analysis. High systems comfort level.
- Workday experience preferred but not required. Other systems experience such as human capital management or enterprise resource planning is helpful.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams and as a leader of projects.
- Clear communication skills- Succinct and vivid for topics that can be complex.
- Multi-cultural sensitivity and adaptability, both in corporate culture and world culture.
- Adaptability to adjust as the business grows and evolves.
- Limited travel required – less than 15% - largely for benchmarking / training.
- Willingness to learn, teach, and build.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirement for- specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollments.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.