HR Specialist of Information Systems
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.Job Summary
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is seeking a strategic and hands on Information Systems Coordinator who will support all non-manufacturing support functions at the Gigafactory. This role will report to the HR Operations Manager. The HR Coordinator of Information Systems is responsible in executing PENA’s people initiatives, optimizing the current HRIS (Workday), Continental Messaging (CMS), Visier Data Analytics, implementing new information systems, providing great internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Functions as a business partner to the assigned functional leadership team(s) by providing guidance/counsel on HR Information Systems. Workday, CMS, Accutime, and Visier
- Develops key criteria for new information systems and provides expertise on system implementation
- Manages expectations from users on all information systems.
- Provides leadership in system selection, implementation and on-going support of new information systems.
- Provides training on key systems and is the liaison with vendors
- Oversees the analysis, metrics and communication of all human resources related activities in the assigned organizations.
- Translates business goals into system key system functionality and support.
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
- Coaching and mentoring at management level of key systems
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves".
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results.
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence.
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Other duties may be assigned.
• 2+ years of work experience with Human Resources or related processes (e.g., hiring, training, performance management).
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
• 1+ years of experience partnering with a wide network of clients and across Human Resources to deliver effective business solutions.
• Master's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field – Preferred.
• Experience with Workday report creation and user input
• Advanced skills in MS Excel and strong skills in PowerPoint.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills; ability to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses.
• Ability to cultivate effective relationships and communicate effectively cross-functionally and with all levels of management.
• Proven expertise in modeling techniques and managing large data sets.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities.
• Attention to detail and accuracy are extremely critical.
• Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and produce time sensitive deliverables.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information system specifications
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.