The successful candidate will be a strategic partner who works closely with business leaders to identify and address HR-related issues and opportunities, and to drive the implementation of HR initiatives that support business objectives.
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop and implement performance management strategies that align with business objectives and support employee development
- Act as a trusted advisor to business leaders, providing guidance on HR-related issues, including talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations, compensation, and benefits
- Onboard new employees, including conducting orientation and ensuring all new hire paperwork is complete
- Assist in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures
- Conduct regular employee performance evaluations and provide feedback and coaching to managers and employees
- Manage employee relations, including resolving conflicts and conducting investigations
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Provide guidance and support to managers on HR-related matters, including employee discipline and terminations
- Assist in developing and delivering HR-related training programs
- Maintain accurate employee records and prepare reports as needed
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. May substitute directly related experience for degree.
- Preferred: None
- 3 – 5 years of progressive HR experience
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Utilize the performance, talent, and organizational planning management systems to help drive the achievement of company goals through objective and development plan setting, performance calibration, and talent development
- Provide counsel and mentorship to site Leadership on all people management and development issues within this part of our workforce
- Ensure all EEO compliance and Affirmative Action programs/plans are being implemented successfully
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and HRIS systems
- Perform other HR duties as assigned by management
- Workday Experience
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.