The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with HR business partner in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, on boarding, policy implementation, employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations, completing personnel transactions.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information, recommending courses of action.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to provide support for night shift operations and teams. This will require a degree of flexibility (i.e. ability to adjust standard working hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm to 12:00pm - 9:00 pm) 1-2 days per week.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in general HR required for a generalist.
- Thorough knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in general HR required for a generalist.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirement for specific competencies, access online forms and policies, and complete online benefits enrollments.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.