Perform duties at the professional level to support a variety of HR processes at the Corporate site. In this role, the individual works closely with HR Leaders and Sr. HR Generalists to support Hussmann Corporate functions – Commercial (Equipment Sales and Portfolio Solutions), Information Technology, Business Strategy, Finance, and Legal/Compliance. The position requires an extremely perceptive person who can relate to individuals at all levels in the organization. The position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Provide HR support to employees and leaders in Corporate functions: Commercial (Equipment Sales and Portfolio Solutions), Information Technology, Business Strategy, Finance, and Legal/Compliance
- Process changes in HRMS (Workday) for employees.
- Support the recruitment process. Participate in recruiting and interviewing job candidates. Manage background check/drug screen process for Corporate.
- Partner with the vendor management system for contingent positions. Manage contingent worker process.
- Respond to unemployment claims for Corporate functions. Represented the Company at unemployment insurance hearings.
- Manage new hire onboarding, plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude towards company goals.
- Serve as a Corporate liaison to assist company-wide initiatives such as: wellness, retention, engagement, and culture. Mange LILH program for Bridgeton Corporate and service anniversary recognition program. Assist with monthly activities, team building, and community involvement. Manage United Way campaign.
- Help administer HR policies and procedures that balance the needs of the business objectives and employees. Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Respond to employees’ queries and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage visa process.
- Ensure Corporate Office has all required employee-related postings posted at the facility (EEO, Wage and Hour, OSHA), and any required local or state postings.
- Coordinate necessary documentation from Corporate employees regarding tuition reimbursements.
- Participate in HR-related projects as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- 3 + years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of employment law (including by not limited to FMLA, EEO, ADA etc.).
- Experience with HRMS systems (preferably Workday).
- Demonstrated analytical skills and proficiency in the full Microsoft Office suite. Very Strong Excel Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.