Panasonic is seeking a skilled HR Leader as our Director of HR, reporting to the VP of HR and General Affairs. This professional in the field of HR will lead a growing team of HR Business Partners and Generalists for an employee base of over 3,500 people in a High Performance Culture. This role leads the HR efforts for the largest segment of the organization, is the key HR partner to Panasonic’s operational leadership at the Gigafactory and will be joining and continuing to build an exciting environment. This role combines your leadership, business acumen, leadership development, employee relations, communications, and passion to extend an organization from a vibrant start-up workplace into a burgeoning lithium ion battery cell industry. Bring your energy, creativity and come build with us.
- Lead HR Business Partnership, employee relations, HR Initiatives, people policy, absence and leaves, investigations, internal progression, aligned to the key operational groups within PENA to enable business objectives and amplify the voice of the employee.
- Partner with other HR functional areas such as Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, Legal, and Learning and Development to bring robust solutions to bear for organizational challenges.
- Propel the organization with clear, prioritized initiatives, with outstanding project management coupled with rapid and thorough deployment.
- Increase employee engagement and positive employee relations through high-touch interactions, upstream communications, opportunities for involvement both at work, as well as in the community.
- Extend the effectiveness of a newly created “HR Connect” employee relations intake, triage, case management, and self-service model.
- Elevate the capability of the HR Client Support team and by extension, the entire HR function through goals & objectives, training, regular feedback, HR staffing excellence and external perspective.
- Propel organizational vitality by preparing HRBPs to lead out in talent reviews and acceleration plans for high-potential employees.
- Shape and champion PENA culture throughout the organization through personal example, clear communication and consistency in policy adherence.
- Create clear and practical policy that appropriately addresses business and employee needs.
- Develop leaders in the organization with excellent coaching and partnership.
- Distill key priorities from on-the-ground interactions into projects with clear scope and accountability, verifying their impact through organizational feedback.
- Periodic presentations in videos or all-employee assembly formats (post COVID) on relevant HR topics to increase awareness and accessibility to HR.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer from global to local teams as part of production expansion plans.
- Prepare contingency plans and emergency operational support in coordination with risk management planning.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Basic: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR, or related field
Preferred: Masters Degree in Business (MBA), Industrial Labor Relations, or HR Management from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a HR capacity, including having led teams
- Manufacturing or related HR experience
- 12+ years HR leadership experience, with a majority in a manufacturing environment, preferably in both union and non-union environments. Multi-site HR leadership preferred.
- Rotational Leadership Program experience in a large multi-national company.
- Proven abilities to lead a variety of initiatives across the HR spectrum – HR strategy, business partnership, HR Operations & Systems, communications, policy, employee/labor relations, and HR improvement initiatives.
- Adept at seeking and integrating data analysis into influence for robust outcomes.
- High Performance Leadership - Genuineness of character. Servant Leader. Humility and high self-confidence to listen without ego, and advocacy for the important things. Positive energy.
- Demonstrated comfort in multi-national environments.
- Superb written and spoken communication, including executive-level presentations – but genuine above all. This role is a critical leadership role, with communications affecting a large organization.
- Demonstrated excellence in investigatory elements of employee relations including having addressed concerns related to discrimination, compliance, safety, etc.
- Clear prioritization to advance efforts on multiple fronts.
- Flexibility – critical for a high-performance environment.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a largescale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction. Panasonic Energy of North America does not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.