- Manages and resolves employee relations issues
- Provides day to day guidance to management, including coaching, counseling, career development and disciplinary actions
- Responsible for assessing and anticipating HR related needs and developing integrated solutions
- Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added services to management and employees
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day to day management of employees
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Develops, implements, and maintains employment programs, employment practices, job descriptions etc.
- Administers and provides guidance on compensation review/planning and performance management processes
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Consults with management on organizational structure, workforce planning and succession planning
- Enhances department and organization reputation by exploring opportunities to improve existing business practices
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Provide back up support to the Human Resources team as needed
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or a related field or the equivalent combination of experience and education. PHR or SPHR is highly desired
- Minimum of 8-10 years of HR Generalist experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in general HR required for a generalist
- Working experience with FMLA, ADA, EEOC and other employment law issues
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational analysis, employee relations, diversity, performance management and federal and state employment laws
- Must be resourceful with strong analytical skills with the ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Must be detail oriented with a good work ethic and be able to maintain confidentiality in daily operations
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be team-oriented and demonstrate the ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Proficient skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Working experience in a start-up environment and in manufacturing or related industry, highly desired
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Ability to support in swing shift capacity, hours will be 1:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Mon - Fri.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.