This position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units and serves as a consultant to management on human resources related issues. This position will support a Direct business unit which includes our Production and Maintenance teams.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues
- Provides day to day guidance to management, including coaching, counseling, career development and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for assessing and anticipating HR related needs and developing integrated solutions.
- Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added services to management and employees.
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day to day management of employees.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Develops, implements and maintains employment programs, employment practices, job descriptions etc.
- Administers and provides guidance on compensation review/planning and performance management processes.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Consults with management on organizational structure, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by exploring opportunities to improve existing business practices.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Provide back up support to the Human Resources team as needed.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or a related field or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Desired: PHR or SPHR is highly desired.
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in general HR required for a generalist.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of HR Generalist experience
- Working experience in a start-up environment and in manufacturing or related industry, highly desired.
- Working experience supporting direct business groups (i.e. Production or Maintenance teams)
- Working experience with FMLA, ADA, EEOC and other employment law issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational analysis, employee relations, diversity, performance management and federal and state employment laws
- Must be resourceful with strong analytical skills with the ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented with a good work ethic and be able to maintain confidentiality in daily operations.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be team-oriented and demonstrate the ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirement for- specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollments.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.