Functioning as generalist, develop, administer and implement Human Resources policies and programs, partnering with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives. Resolves a range of Human Resource-related issues of moderate to high complexity. Responsible for and/or serves as the HR focal point for all or some of the following functions:
- Facilitate and lead New Hire Orientations and employee roundtable meetings on various HR topics.
- Create agenda, handouts and presentations for management meetings.
- Partner with key stakeholders on the planning and coordination of employee events and/or policy meetings. May coordinate details with departments and with vendors, managing to specific budget.
- Perform as owner and leader for driving the resolution of various employee relations issues by intake of the issue, investigation and research, soliciting any necessary resources or experts and then resolving the issue at hand. Will initiate dialogue with legal counsel and offer solutions and recommendations for closure.
- Serve as Employee Relations contact for complex HR-related issues. Develop recommendations for resolution of issues.
- Conduct exit interviews with employees upon notice of resignation.
- Perform most complex EEO investigations by gathering claimant information, working with legal for developing response and communicating response to employee. Provide management support for complex escalated claims.
- Assist and provide training to management for utilization of HR systems.
Coaching and Consulting
- Advise and coach management on a range of HR matters including but not limited to employee performance management, positive employee relations, disciplinary actions and succession plans. Review document drafts providing feedback and recommendations for changes.
- Involvement and support to managers with the annual appraisal and merit review process and other annual HR processes
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and concise records, reports, and logs.
- Create reports on dashboard metrics, EEO analysis and various other reports/queries.
- Ensure that all data in the HRIS is accurate, current, and clearly documented for audit purposes.
- Review and approve educational assistance requests and recognition awards.
- Manage end to end recruitment activities, including the facilitation of drug testing/reference process for new employees
- Payroll involvement and project lead
- Administer companywide initiatives such as audits and/or ergonomic evaluations.
- Co-facilitate training with Training department, acting as subject matter expert on various HR topics.
- Partner in the research, development and implementation of HR policies.
- Independent thinker - must be comfortable working with autonomy and accountability
- Possess and apply knowledge and understanding of principles, practices, and procedures of the Human Resources field.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of complex issues.
- Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively resolve employee relations issues with all levels within and outside of the organization. Deals with highly complex issues at the senior management level
- .Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and HR Systems software (i.e Workday, HumanForce (time management systems).
- Strong working knowledge and experience with ER, trade union and labor law within Australia and New Zealand
- Minimum 5 -7 years’ of relevant Human Resources experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or 3 additional years’ directly related experience in an HR environment. (8 years’ total)