ITC Global requires an experienced Health, Safety & Environmental Manager based in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Responsible for driving standards, performance and prevention in Health, Safety and Environmental functions. Serves as the focal point for the safety function. Manages, develops, implements and monitors company safety programs and policies. Ensures compliance with governmental health and safety regulations. Completes required federal, state and local government reports and maintains required records relating to safety. Manages, hires, trains, supervises and evaluates performance of safety employees. Completes special projects
Your main responsibilities will include:
Reporting and Tracking:
- Tracks and updates all company/operations HSE and certifications in ICT Global IT databases.
- Expected to interface with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and authorities, industry associations, etc. Likely to have budgetary responsibilities, including planning, monitoring and accountability.
- Diverse tasks including overseeing HSE Certification/Readiness and report writing
- Develop standard HSE KPI’s and metrics to help drive improvements throughout the business.
- Work cross functionally with other vertical markets/regions to drive HSE standards and reporting.
- Works closely with Executive Management on HSE Governance and reporting.
Training and Internal Communication:
- Identifies and communicates HSE best practices within and across all business units, and to Leadership team.
- Diverse tasks including overseeing training, the implementation of training programs to the Operations staff, attending meetings, and giving presentations
- Plans and conducts/coordinates new/current employee training to foster positive attitude toward HSE and to a positive safety culture.
Compliance, Policies and Procedures:
- Monitors processes for compliance with applicable standards, monitors HSE performance and benchmarks against the industry.
- Lead internal/external HSE audits with customers and management team as required.
- Diverse tasks including overseeing plan development and implementation,
- Continuous improvement of the HSE program to drive further effectiveness in Journey Management, Stop Work programs, Workplace safety and other programs.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in administering the relevant regional programs within EMEA.
- Leads in the investigation of incidents, identifying root causes, and assists in initial report preparation. Prepares a final report of findings/lessons learned and recommendations for corrective actions.
- Inspects and audits facilities/work sites to detect existing or potential injuries, health, and/or environmental hazards. Assist in determining corrective or preventative measures where indicated and works with operations managers to ensure implementation of corrective actions.
Implements HSE policies and procedures in compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal rules and regulations. This includes assisting site Managers with government regulations and maintaining current Operations Manuals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Detail oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently and within projected deadlines. Ability to offer creative solutions and resourceful problem solving skills a must.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must have flexibility of working extended hours as needed, and the ability to work independently.
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of a regional and virtual teams across multiple geographies/vertical markets.
- Well organized, effective written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to prepare and present clear and concise oral and written opinions, reports and presentations.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Experience with ISNetworld and PEC’s SSQ database is a preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management
- Demonstrated ability and skills to engage and influence stakeholders.
- Demonstrates drive and determination to achieve success while being a self-motivator who sets clear direction and priorities.
Education Requirements & Working Experience
- Associates degree or working toward BS/BA in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering/Science or closely related field of study preferred.
- 10+ years relevant work experience in Onshore/Offshore Oil & Gas and 3+ years in HSE.
Prior experience supporting energy services Onshore/Offshore and/or production operations strongly desired
Working Conditions/Physical Elements
- Ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Occasional travel to other ITC Global offices or client visits as required.