Yohana is on a mission to help people find more balance and prioritize well-being. We create integrated software, services, and hardware specifically for modern families, to alleviate their mental load so they can feel present and connected. We are a fully funded independent subsidiary of Panasonic, one of the oldest purpose-driven brands in the world, with leadership from big tech (Google, Apple, Microsoft) as well as hypergrowth startups (Nest, Waymo, Casper).
First up is our Yohana Membership, which just launched in Seattle. It’s a personal assistant service designed for busy families – especially moms – to help lighten the mental load of having too much to do. It’s the first of many meaningful things we’re working on.
We’re building a positive, supportive culture from the ground up, where individuals and teams grow together. Maybe you should join us.
About The Role:
Yohana is looking for an experienced Head of UX Design who can execute design fundamentals flawlessly. Our designers build unique experiences to help Yohana members live a more balanced life. In this role you manage a small team of designers to solve complex problems and craft intuitive, beautiful, and useful experiences. In addition, you will help create workflows and processes for a dynamic, fast-moving, agile company to ensure the creation of high quality, high performance, scalable software.
What You’ll Get To Do:
● Solve complex problems and create interactive, engaging experiences
● Demonstrate and apply an expert understanding of human behavior
● Explore various approaches to solve identified user pain points
● Craft a visual design system that appeals to user expectations and values
● Communicate recommendations, rationalize design decisions, and advocate for users’ needs.
● Contribute to the product vision and strategy through storytelling and framing problems for a diverse audience of stakeholders, helping them envision the opportunities.
● Articulate user journeys with scenarios, storyboards and presentations, low- and high-fidelity mocks, detailed interaction specs, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
● Raise the bar for product quality across our products by advocating for user centered product roadmaps, investments in last-mile refinement and polish, and insights driven by user research.
● Define and guide team UX processes, methods, and culture to drive collaboration and innovation.
What You’ll Bring:
● Bachelors degree in Design, Engineering or related field
● 12 years experience designing and shipping software design experiences.
● Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts and experience working with collaborators across time zones.
● Experience partnering with UX Research to amplify research and design impact.
● Able to manage complexity to drive clarity and build bridges across teams and within external partnerships
What We Offer:
● Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
● Competitive compensation
● Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA)
● 401(k) with employer match
● Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
● Supplemental Medical Coverage
● Unlimited PTO
● 12 Company Holidays
● Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
● Paid Caregiver Leave
● Employee Assistance Program
● Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
● Pet Insurance
● Casual Dress Code
● Catered Lunch & Snacks
● Discounts on Panasonic products
● Company Social Events
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest.