We are currently working remote until March 2022 and will offer a hybrid/remote work schedule once we return to our new offices in Irvine.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Primary executive over Global Information Technology Department, focusing on the group's long-term planning and strategic vision to meet financial goals and mitigate risk. Directs system engineering/administration, enterprise applications, cybersecurity, web services, corporate global IT infrastructure, corporate cloud, media delivery services, and operations (including client services/telecommunications). Conducts gap analysis to determine the department's short- and long-term needs to improve performance and implement best practices—interfaces at an executive level to plan and support process and communications cross-functionally. Provide leadership and direction to global IT through directors and senior managers regarding systems administration, help desk, cybersecurity, and business systems and applications, including systems maintenance, computer systems, and auxiliary operations to ensure efficient and secure business operations on a 24/7/365 basis. Responsible for short- and long-term planning, including budget and headcount forecasting responsibility. Reports to CTO and chairs executive IT steering committee while defining corporate security policies and procedures.
- Develops short- and long-term strategic plans for advancing the company’s products and services to meet market demands within the Global IT organization.
- Develops plans based on long-term goals, issues, and opportunities. Seeks out and integrates differing viewpoints and data within the company and externally.
- Incorporates broad organizational, political, social, environmental sensitivities into strategic thinking.
- Conducts gap analysis at the senior level to determine how to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the group and align Global IT with the business.
- Formulates and implements policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, and performance standards for the department. Ensure policies meet audit requirements.
- Successfully communicates business cases for critical decisions involving strategic planning.
- Provides the direction for the Companies data and cybersecurity protection and oversee Technology governance and policies.
- Develops the company’s security strategy, security awareness programs, security architecture, and security incident response.
- Provides strategic risk guidance for IT projects, including evaluation and recommendation of technical controls.
- Educates the companies leaders on appropriate security risk and mitigation strategies.
- Develops, monitors, and meets budget. Has full budget responsibility, manages expenses and operational priorities.
- Supports internal and external IT and financial audits; remediate all gaps.
- Respond to executive management inquiries, provide presentations and status reports.
- Participate in executive management meetings and fulfills assigned action items.
- Operates with broad latitude in a complex environment toward achieving long-range objectives.
- Develops and manages interpersonal business relationships to influence the decisions of executive leaders and other key stakeholders within and outside of the company.
- Serves as principal spokesperson on advanced projects and programs and significant matters within and outside the company.
- Develops corporate and organizational policies.
- Ensures IT is adhering to all PAC and Panasonic policies & procedures.
- Reviews and approves complex business proposals for IT hardware, software, and services.
- Proposes negotiation strategy and conducts vendor negotiations.
- Selects and monitors vendor support to ensure state of the art applications and equipment
- Advises executive management on vendor agreement obligations and to ensure Company complies.
- Provides leadership and direction through multiple teams led by Directors or Senior Managers who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of an assigned area.
- Utilizes knowledge of the industry and best practices to clearly articulate a vision and direction that people can champion and follow.
- Builds, leads, empower, and inspires a globally diverse group of employees.
What we're looking for:
- Advanced experience in IT and financial audit requirements.
- Ability to identify and understand complex vendor negotiation issues and provide direction and solutions.
- Advanced-level knowledge of IT hardware, software, and services.
- Proven success in managing IT projects which have been structured to meet company objectives.
- Superior computer skills including proficiency in understanding cloud computing.
- Ability to be recognized as an influential leader.
- Thorough assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for the department.
- Interacts internally and externally with executive-level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters. Influences policymaking.
- Strong understanding of/demonstrated proficiency in:
- Networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics
- Enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Understanding of reliability, scalability, and availability of network services
- Linux, Windows, MacOS, Firewalls, Network devices, and virtual platforms
- Security technologies standard in a globally networked environment
- Wide Area Network and unified communication technologies
- Server consolidation/virtualization
- Cloud hosting with great undersetting of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of IT network operations and service delivery, cybersecurity and enterprise application deployment in globally dispersed locations is mandatory.
- Experience successfully managing and delivering full migration projects across multiple hardware platforms with a globally dispersed customer base.
- Ability to develop, implement and present IT projects using strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead people, promote teamwork and maintain a good rapport with end-users.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel in a professional manner and maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism under pressure.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills for problem identification and solution recommendations and their effects on existing systems.
- Work on diverse scope issues where data analysis requires a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Manage, perhaps through subordinate Directors and managers, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Demonstrate understanding of cultural differences and geographical constraints.
- Experience in leading a shared service /support environment supporting multiple, diverse business units.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of IT customer service delivery in worldwide locations, understanding cultural differences and geographical constraints.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field preferred; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Avionics/aerospace experience highly preferred.
- 12 + years of IT experience to include a minimum of 7 years of increasing managerial experience.
- Travel up to 15% both domestically & internationally.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.