Head of Brand & Product Marketing
Yohana is on a mission to help people find more balance and prioritize well-being. We create integrated software, services, and hardware specifically for modern families, to alleviate their mental load so they can feel present and connected. We are a fully funded independent subsidiary of Panasonic, one of the oldest purpose-driven brands in the world, with leadership from big tech (Google, Apple, Microsoft) as well as hypergrowth startups (Nest, Waymo, Casper).
First up is our Yohana Membership, which just launched in Seattle. It’s a personal assistant service designed for busy families – especially moms – to help lighten the mental load of having too much to do. It’s the first of many meaningful things we’re working on.
We’re building a positive, supportive culture from the ground up, where individuals and teams grow together. Maybe you should join us.
About The Role:
Yohana’s Global Marketing organization is seeking a Head of Brand Strategy & Product Marketing to oversee the strategy, positioning, architecture and global roadmap for the growing portfolio of Yohana products and services.
In this role, the right candidate will collaborate cross-functionally — at all levels of the organization — to drive strategies that create differentiation in the market, clarity in our messaging and positioning and exceptional outcomes across all of our experiences. Essential to this capability is creating understanding of the rapidly changing consumer and competitive landscape, and keeping up with new changes, mega-trends and cultural momentum. This role is a “player coach” with an opportunity to build a team while working closely with our executive teams in the US and Japan to form our strategy while also ensuring these strategies come to life across media, channels and our member and prospect experiences. The role requires vision, accountability, metrics-orientation, creativity and, most importantly, the ability to partner across a highly matrixed and cross-functional team of experts.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Position Yohana’s existing and future offerings to drive meaningful consumer and commercial outcomes that deliver against our brand, product & client objectives, driving preference for our brands while increasing partner and consumer demand for our portfolio
- Partner with product, engineering and integrated marketing teams to ensure brand integrity and long-term brand planning meets or exceeds growth goals across our brands and our portfolio
- Work cross functionally in partnership with editorial to drive the ongoing expansion of our brands in an annualized Brand Planning process, including managing tradeoffs, roadmaps and requirements, and ongoing implementation
- Drive insights-driven approach to understanding B2C and B2B audiences to intentionally grow share of wallet, share of attention and market strength in each of the categories and regions in which the brands compete
- Lead the planning and development of go-to-market strategies and campaigns — ensuring programs meet both brand objectives and growth targets
- Working in close collaboration with our internal Research & Insights team, develop a cross-media audience segmentation/persona framework that allows us to maximize coverage, engagement and revenue for our portfolio of brands
What You’ll Bring:
- 12+ years experience in strategy and planning
- Capable executive leader with inclusive style that garners respect and trust across stakeholders and team members
- Proven ability to execute and deliver, balancing long-term value while prioritizing near-term business goals
- Entrepreneurial, strategic and holistic mindset, proactive desire to learn and build, and a reputation as an innovative, adaptable and proactive “doer”
- Proven ability to proactively identify and implement effective strategies that significantly outpace business targets
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and oral) with an emotionally intelligent communication style
- Successful experience navigating matrixed organizations
- Experience operating a start-up or new line of business within a large, highly leveraged company
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Discounts on Panasonic products
- Company Social Events
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest.