Hardware Engineering Summer Intern – Mechanical
Panasonic Avionics Corporation – Irvine, CA
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is seeking motivated Hardware Engineering Interns to join our growing Hardware Engineering team in our Irvine, CA office. This paid internship will start in June and continue through August 2023 with an opportunity to potentially continue through the school year. This internship will play an important role in assisting engineering staff team by performing modeling and drawing updates under the close supervision of senior engineers.
Who we are:
For 40 years, Panasonic Avionics has strengthened the connection between the world’s airlines and their passengers. We are recognized globally for our experience and leadership in product innovation and customization, system reliability, and customer care.
We collaborate with over 300 airline customers to develop inflight entertainment and communications (IFEC) solutions that are designed to meet their unique fleet, brand, operations, and business requirements, based on state-of-the-art technology, connectivity, and industry know-how. Every year, more than 2.7 billion passengers enjoy an amazing entertainment experience flying onboard Panasonic-equipped aircraft
How you will spend your summer:
Intern will be introduced to basic FAA and aircraft production and retrofit requirements, aircraft manual usage, part conformity and quality process gates. They will learn about Mechanical sheet metal design, aircraft wiring requirements, and how to operate in a team environment by working closely with engineers. They will be introduced to concepts and methods of how aircraft production/retrofit installations are completed, and the engineering involved to gain FAA approval.
What you bring to the internship:
- Current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree who will be a Junior or Senior in Fall 2023
- Preferably Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering Major
- Ability to plan engineering activities to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, take verbal as well as written instructions and communicate instructions as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
- Learn to use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve basic and routine issues.
- Generally applies existing practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Occasional lifting of LRU weight up 35 Lbs may be required.
To be considered, please attach a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in joining our PAC. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
Visit us at www.panasonic.aero to learn more!
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.