Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Performs Engineering design and development of Ground Support Equipment including the following: Circuit layout, reviews Analysis, evaluation, prototype build-up Participate with members of Product Engineering Group in the design and development of Test Products and analysis LRU Test requirements. Perform Manufacturing Engineering functions in the Production of all GSE units. Validate and perform qualification testing on all Production Material prior to shipment.
• Performs sustaining, design & development including layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of mechanical, electronic, and electromechanical components and systems.
• Designs and develop test equipment and test specifications for In Flight Entertainment (IFE) Line Replaceable Units (LRU)
• Performs qualitative and quantitative tests to determine properties, characteristics, and performance of materials, circuits, mechanisms, assemblies and Test Units.
• Design and develop electronic circuits and assemblies.
• Record and analyze test data. Select hardware and material assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
• Validate the GSE software functionality per test matrix.
• Apply standard mathematical and hands-on techniques, procedures and criteria to engineering assignments.
• Follows all departmental QOP and WI processes to ensure all documentation is generated, completed and released in a timely manner.
• Work directly with Assembly technicians, or other technical support personnel as require in the Prototype and Production of the GSE.
• Take ownership and responsibility for assigned product design.
• Participates with members of management in the design and development of products and analysis of customer requirements.
• Assist in the in the determination of a problem solution while giving consideration to form, fit, function, weight, product ability, manufacturing, product marketing and cost.
• Help lead the coordination efforts and activities between Manufacturing, Obsolescence, Product Planning and Material Planning departments for the selection and ordering of parts, materials, components, or processes with vendors and suppliers.
• Repair and sustain GSE to ensure product manufacturability.
• Work with the respective Project Manager or when required independently to generate and update Design and Development schedules.
What we’re looking for:
• Highly proficient in designing and developing requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
• Advanced ability to design, analyze circuits and equipment using conventional and computerized techniques.
• Advanced ability to develop and implement test methods and procedures.
• Advanced skill level in preparing technical reports and documentation for submission to management.
• Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
• Ability to perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
• Demonstrated experience providing identifiable contributions to the success of a specific product/project.
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Uses professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
• Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• BS, BSEE, MSEE or related engineering degree. Graduate coursework is desirable.
• 1-3 years experience in areas such as higher mathematics, electronics, mechanics and circuit design.
• Ability to travel to Japan and other domestic and international locations as required approximately 5% of the time.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.