Panasonic – Group Manager, Strategy & External Affairs
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Working collaboratively across OSII that houses the Panasonic Foundation, Corporate Giving, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, as well as with strategic partners in the community, this person will play a critical role in terms of both strategy and operations on the OSII team. The Group Manager will report to the VP of Social Impact and Inclusion.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Strategic Planning: Support the VP in setting vision, direction, and overall strategic priorities for the team, as well as manage communication efforts with key internal and external stakeholders on social impact and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion priorities
- Day-to-Day Operations: Advise the VP and provide department-wide leadership on the management of day-to-day execution against deliverables. Track all KPIs and outcomes department wide
- Culture Building: Coordinate with peer-level stakeholders, e.g., Directors, across PNA to ensure effective collaboration and high performance
- Operational Optimization: Collaborate with the Leadership Team to develop new and improve existing programs, tools and events, including support with project management and operations
OutcomesThe Group Manager of Strategy and External Affairs will be responsible for achieving the following outcomes within the first year:
- Within 3 months: Strong understanding of OSII systems and relationships in place to allow for the Group Manager to identify areas of improvement
- Within 3 months: OSII has a clear partner in executing the long-term strategy and operations of corporate giving, philanthropy and DEI
- Within 4 months: OSIIs team vision and priorities are set, communicated to key stakeholders within the Foundation, and a calendar for the next year is developed in alignment with these priorities
- Within 6 months: The OSII team is managing projects effectively, tracking key milestones and addressing challenges
- Within 9 months: High impact programs in place reflecting strategic focus of corporate giving and philanthropic investments; e.g. Million Girls Moonshot Initiative and key areas of Corporate Responsibility; e.g. employee engagement
- Ensure OSII programs have clear measures of success, goals are tracked and measured quarterly
- Create stakeholder engagement strategy to increase the brand awareness of Panasonic’s basic business principle — Contribution to Society
- Regular internal meetings for OSII have agendas sent in advance, are well-facilitated, and next steps are clearly documented and communicated and tracked for completion
- Chair Social Impact Council comprised of leadership from business units across North America
- Design continuous learning and development activities to meet Social Impact and DEI needs through workshops, stakeholder engagement, and team retreats
- Liaison with Corporate and Government Affairs team on social impact and ESGs, Environmental, Social, Governance, issues
- Lead and manage annual budget strategy ensuring dollars are deployed effectively across group priority areas
- Advise VP as a thought partner on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategy helping to manage key company priorities around DEI goals
- Track progress of DEI and Social Impact strategy ensuring all team members are leveraging resources appropriately
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive effective Social Impact and DEI policies and practices
What You'll Bring:Education and Experience:
- BA or BS required; Master degree preferred in business or education
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a strategic role ideally managing a team to results; e.g. planning, strategy, marketing, sales, business
Competencies:Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and demonstrated experience in:
- Strong commitment and belief in equity in education for all students
- Strong analytical skills: able to structure and process large volumes of qualitative and quantitative data, draw insightful conclusions and recommended next steps
- Exceptional project manager – effectively plans and executes long-term, complex projects, investing, managing, and communicating effectively with others to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization and across teams; builds trust quickly
- Generates new and innovative approaches to problem solving
- Work experience in public education or non-profit sector preferred, but not mandatory
- Experience in relationship management and philanthropic service work within a Foundation or Corporate Responsibility preferred
- Cultivate relationships that result in strategic investments and realization of Corporate Social Responsibility strategies
- Develop and implement strategic, marketing and financial plans
- Work under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality of data and customer relationships
- Display high degree of comfort with field of science and technology
- Demonstrate stewardship of major gifts, grant writing and sponsorships.
- Show proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication with a diverse range of people
- Develop and deliver speeches to large and small groups
- Must be able to develop content and use social media to amplify Panasonic’s CSR investments; i.e. blogs, op-eds, newsletters, etc.
- 10-20 percent of Travel required with overnight stay
- Occasional participation in evening and weekend events
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.