Leads Software Managers in middleware and applications including Navigation, Reception, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Tools, HMI, Voice, and other emerging technologies. Manages people, product, budget, & process activities of the Middleware and Application software engineering practice across all Business Units.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Lead organizational review/redesign activities at the business unit level that identify dysfunctional aspects of work-flow, procedures, structures and systems and realign them to fit current business realities/goals better integrating people with core business processes, technologies, and products.
- Leads strategies to develop internal talent while balancing that effort with external hiring; targets challenging developmental assignments that build individual confidence and organizational capability.
- Accountable for the quality of talent in the Middleware and Application teams - both internally and the quality of external hires.
- Ensures that those responsible for implementing a strategic initiative have role clarity and accountability for required actions and outputs as well as the authority to act in a way consistent with organizational values.
- Ensures that all individuals within the business unit are equipped with the knowledge and skills to support higher levels of performance and ongoing development of their skills. This includes 1-on-1 coaching, guiding, and performance management.
- Responsible for succession planning and the identification and development of high-potential talent within the software team as part of the senior software staff reporting to the director of Software.
- Manages business unit/customer group level engineering resource plans to meet the development requirements of all the programs in the engineering group assigned in the form of work breakdown structure resource and critical path timing planning tools.
- Manages the business unit/customer group level engineering timeline plan to meet the development requirements of all the programs in the engineering group assigned in the form of Manages the product development dependencies between projects to meet the product specification requirements as defined in customer specifications, government regulations, & internal design standards documentation.
- Leads business unit level proposals in determining engineering product feasibility, cost effectiveness, & customer demand for new and existing products/technologies.
- Responsible for SW input on company roadmaps and in proposing and establishing new skills to meet the capabilities needed for future success of the company.
- Leads proposals for new products to support the pursuit process and organizational development.
- Authors new processes when needed and submits for approval prior to implementation. Understanding the trade-offs and owning the strategy between rapid development projects through to production intent projects.
- Assures all staff are trained and understand the PASA PDP for all projects under the Group manager’s purview.
- Responsible to assure all staff within the group, and across projects, are compliant and follow the process including documenting and archiving any required process evidential artifacts.
- Supports, and arranges for, 3rd party audit of all projects within their scope.
- Within overall budget, makes adjustments as needed to execute projects/responsibilities as required.
- Identifies and implements savings across all projects, relative to overall budget.
- Manages sub-contractor expense across all projects.
- Manages and plans for Direct Labor Headcount for all projects, in coordination with sub-contractors and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). Ensures direct headcount is in line with overall annual headcount plan. Develops and presents case for each new headcount.
- Manages 3rd party/vendor technical delivery and quality assurance across all projects.
- Manages Overhead expense across all projects.
- Manages Fixed Assets, across all projects. Creates and presents Return on Investment justification.
- Builds rapport and cooperative relationships with customers. Implements effective ways to monitor and evaluate customer concerns, issues, and satisfaction and seeks suggestions for improvement.
- Sets priorities and makes decisions that consider customer impact; measures customer satisfaction and retention to ensure solutions, practices, and procedures are achieved.
- Four-year college degree in Systems, Software, Electrical, Computer Engineering or related degree required.
- Ten (10) years of software product development experience, including related experience in automotive, defense, or consumer electronics industry
- Five (5) years of demonstrated budget and talent management experiences, preferably leading large software development teams across geographically diverse sub-teams.
- Strong technical leadership is required to be successful in this role with capability to lead teams to create high quality solutions to technically challenging problems.
- Previous experience dealing with common automotive design elements including HMI, networking, Wireless communication, software architecture, android automotive, Automotive Grade Linux, and Safety compliant OS.
- Strong Systems and Software depth from a design, development, and test perspective.
- Proficient with C, C++ and Object Oriented Design (OOD) and good knowledge and practical experience using a script language (for example Shell, python, Java Script, etc.)
- Experience with A-SPICE, Systems of Systems, and other design methodologies.
- Knowledge and practical experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Cybersecurity design practices, Functional Safety, and conformance to industry standards
- Demonstrated success working with industrial design and HMI development teams to ensure software solutions meet user experience objectives.
- Comfortable working in Agile and Scaled Agile development processes.
- Familiar with Design Thinking and other user oriented development processes.
- Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.