Panasonic – Group Manager, Software Engineering
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Partner with product management to ensure effective feature delivery, roadmap development, realistic estimates, and timely updates on progress. Be the SME during delivery, enlisting involvement from other executive management and re-establishing priorities during the rollout of product capabilities, while achieving objectives and meeting deadlines. Exceptional project management skills required.
- Proven ability to lead and manage technical teams in designing and implementing the most efficient development operations: testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment, etc.
- Engineering management for cross functional teams comprised of Software Engineers, Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET), DevOps, UI/UX
- Participates in daily stand-up meetings, delivery meetings and communicates status and team challenges during management huddles and stakeholder calls
- Consult leadership regarding technical issues, strategic planning of projects, system operations, and new product development and deployment.
- Proactively formulates contingencies or alternative deliverables in case of failures
- Experience in setting and communicate clear expectations and outcomes, both internally and when interfacing with third parties outside the company
- Engaging with other team leaders to ensure teams work collaboratively and that the overall effectiveness, efficiency, and consistency of all engineering teams improves
- Formalize communication channels and protocol for both digestion and escalation of bugs, criteria for when to green light releases into the various environments (dev/qa/uat/prod)
Strong technical understanding of software technologies. Contribute technically to projects: code reviews, PRs, architecture, feature development
- Assist with software delivery, process improvement and execution
- Pairing with colleagues to build software, solve problems, and be a force multiplier for other development teams
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and service providers in close collaboration with software development teams.
- Comprehensive documentation, both of software development lifecycle, associated processes, JIRA features and tickets, and tracking documentation of external parties/contractors for consumption by internal Panasonic staff
Analyzes and assesses the effectiveness of existing operations and current needs based on new technology and methodologies in the industry. Owns and drives process improvements across the SDLC.
- Proven success in supporting engineering teams by removing obstacles, identifying risks, and facilitating communication
- Provides expert level design and evaluate new technologies, staying current with the tech industry’s best practices, and formulates technological vision and direction.
- Continuously work on process improvements across the entire SDLC
Hands on management, hiring, job descriptions, one-on-ones, performance reviews:
- Find, interview and hire well-qualified individuals to build a highly talented, diverse and inclusive software development team
- Work with leadership team to setting quarterly and annual goals for software development team members
- Work with leadership team on career development and training guidance
- Create an inclusive culture and environment that fosters innovation.
- Understand developer capabilities and capacity and how it affects planning of releases
- Lead 1-1s with team members on a regular basis
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- 10+ years managing software development in an Agile multi-technology open/stack environment
- 7+ years recent SaaS software development experience
- 4+ years development and architecture on cloud-based platforms (familiarity with AWS required)
- Experience in the building, deploying and maintaining (SDLC) of cloud SaaS products
- Experience partnering with Product Management and User Experience teams to build the best customer experience
- Strong understanding and broad expertise in programming languages, frameworks and overall software architecture
- Strong SQL and NoSQL skills and knowledge of high-volume data pipeline architectures
- BS degree in CS or Engineering required; MS preferred
- Travel up to ten percent.
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.