Panasonic – Group Manager – Sales, Marketing, Customer Service
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Key functions of this position include hiring, developing, and maintaining competent talent and aligning their department and individual goals & metrics according to IAQ's strategic objectives. And to represent IAQ to the industry as the senior management spokesperson.
What You’ll Get to Do:
STRATEGIES & GOALS, MEASURING & REPORTING
- Define, implement, and execute IAQ's Sales & Marketing strategies to achieve IAQ financial targets in Sales, Growth, and GP. Understand the sales channels that Panasonic participates in such as Wholesale/Regional, Retail, and E-commerce, and layout a future channel strategy for successful long-term growth. Plus, provide leadership & strategic decision making to the Sales, Marketing and Customer Service functions to achieve those goals.
- Develop departmental & individual goals, define key performance metrics & indicators for measuring success, and effectively use those tools for management control, reporting, and driving improvement.
- Implement policies, procedures and actions that enhance IAQ Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service objectives. Determine customer satisfaction level measures and use this information for driving improvement.
HUMAN RESOURCES / ORGANIZATION IMPROVEMENT
- Staff the organization with competent talent, align them according to strategic organizational objectives, and manage them to engage their talents, motivate, and retain and promote our strongest contributors.
- Develop the competencies of managers & staff and ensure effective succession planning for all key positions. Specifically develop staff's industry & product expertise to differentiate Panasonic in the market.
- Make sure IAQ team collaborates effectively with NBD group on long term New Business Development projects
SALES & FINANCIAL METRICS
- Responsible for the achievement of IAQ's entire Sales BP and growth targets in alignment w/ IAQ corporate goals. Responsibility includes all IAQ sales channels, and all product families.
- Manage all relevant financial aspects of sales in line w/ IAQ goals including maintaining GP targets, assuring collection ratio & chargebacks, minimizing credit losses & inventory losses.
- Create, deploy, and manage the Marketing Budget to effectively support the sales effort and achieve IAQ's sales growth targets. And ensure we are fully utilizing and maximizing the value of our CRM investment.
CUSTOMER / MARKET FOCUS
- Determine current and anticipate future market and product trends, and competitor activities. Report results and make recommendations to senior leadership.
- Make sure the Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service teams are positively collaborating with and providing frequent & valuable input to all other departments vital to IAQ's success, especially as it relates to Product Development decisions.
- Annually help Develop IAQ Business Plan by providing the 'voice of the customer and market' on aspects like growth rates, product families, channel, and regional differences.
- SALES REVENUE: Entire IAQ sales budget for U.S. market, approx. $170M+
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Technical field, Business Administration, and/or including an MBA
- 10+ years’ experience in Managing business with sales, marketing, and service elements
- Strong preference given to experience & knowledge in:
- Sales channels including wholesale, retail, and e-commerce.
- Managing marketing departments and budgets, understanding marketing concepts, deploying online marketing campaigns, analyzing marketing performance metrics and ROI.
- Distribution strategies, business reasons underlying those strategies and first-hand experience in tactical implementation.
- Ventilation, HVAC, Construction, Kitchen & Bath, or Electrical fields
- Products related to the homebuilding industry
- Familiarity with building codes and future trends
- Proven track record of developing and deploying:
- Sales and marketing strategies that resulted in sales growth.
- Distribution strategies, business reasons underlying those strategies, and first-hand experience in tactical implementation.
- Marketing campaigns:
- Strong, disciplined, decisive, business oriented, leader.
- Reputation for consistently delivering high performance, but with impeccable integrity & ethical standards, and a lead-by-example attitude.
- Proven problem solving and negotiation skills, sound business acumen
- Ability to understand and analyze:
- sales performance metrics
- marketing concepts, strategies, deployment
- Self-motivated, conscientious, and solid work ethic. Proactive, action and results oriented; operates with a sense of urgency
- Detail oriented, organized, innovative, and able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PPT), skill with Sales Force preferable
- Ability to create and deliver professional presentations to large groups in an articulate and persuasive manner
- High level of professional and effective communication both written and oral to build industry networks
- 50-60% travel required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.