Provides leadership within the Corporate Financial Planning Analysis function to plan, manage, compile information, draw conclusions, and make recommendations to Executive Management by providing support in company level strategic corporate financial planning & analysis, product strategy, internal company reporting, and managing key information/data for company operations.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Provides direction to the PASA Financial Planning & Analysis team with regards to defining and developing overall PASA product strategy to successfully commercialize core PASA products/services and provide strategic oversight of key company initiatives.
- Leads, develops, and oversees product management structure to drive consistent product pricing/quotation strategy and life-cycle portfolio product management in order to ensure business unit and overall company sustained profitability. Work in conjunction with the Business Units including Sales, PM, Engineering, Purchasing, Product Technology, and Accounting teams to ensure robust product management activities including Return-On-Investment management and Design-To-Cost discipline to exceed targeted objectives. Responsible to measure the effectiveness of PASA products over product lifecycles.
- Provides Executive Management support by providing market, business, and financial strategy leadership for company level strategic planning/decisions, business unit management, and key information for company operations. Leads team which plans, gathers information/intelligence, performs analysis, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations to Executive Management for key corporate level strategic planning.
- Responsible to maintain current knowledge and awareness of related high level corporate strategy, objectives, events, policies, that are material to the overall corporation which are relevant to the AIS/PASA business globally and locally.
- Creates a framework for and provide competitive analysis across products, ecosystem, and content/service offerings, product and services marketing, and positioning. Support periodic Strategic Planning Team activities and quarterly Integrated Technology Management Team activities with Advanced Engineering. Creates a conceptual design for the development of future business approaches and analyzes alternative strategies.
- Leads team that supports new business product management – works with Business Unit leads, Sales, Program Management, and Engineering to establish pricing and Return On Investment (ROI) recommendations regarding customer Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposals (RFP), and Request for Quotations (RFQ) responses with appropriate ecosystem partners. Additionally reviews RFI, RFP, and RFQ responses for commonality and trends to influence product direction and strategy. Provides executive team updates of the negotiations financial impact throughout the business pursuit stages including summarizing final win/loss analysis.
- Oversees and conducts ongoing product life cycle product management modeling. Work with global automotive divisions to ensure consistent global product modeling to support global and cross-functional organizational efforts on improving product return on investment management.
- Analyzes existing PASA product and services portfolio to identify PASA strengths and perform gap analysis to identify areas where PASA can expand products / services portfolio and technical strengths. Monitor and make recommendations regarding profitability and performance of existing products. Recommend redesign or improvement of existing products to increase sales and/or profitability.
- Works with Product/Technology teams to lead opportunity assessment and business case development for new product/services opportunities and technology development. Creates a framework for and provide timely updates of competitive analysis across products, ecosystem, and content/service offerings, product and services marketing, and positioning. Support periodic Strategic Planning Team activities and quarterly Integrated Technology Management Team activities with Advanced Engineering.
- Works cross functionally with external and internal stakeholders to perform market analysis and customer needs analysis to develop market opportunity assessments and business model proposals to aid product investment decisions and customer requirements for new and existing products and/or customers.
- Works with Business Unit leads, Product/Technology, and Engineering teams to assess and maintain the roadmap for the Panasonic product portfolio with a focus on In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI), Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), Audio/Acoustics products, Cluster and Heads-Up Displays, vehicle electrification products, and new diversification markets. Responsibilities include the planning, implementation and/or definition of successful product plans, customer / market requirement documents, sales and marketing enablement and product launches for Panasonic's products and platforms.
- Supports, plans and organizes multiple projects, including monitoring and reporting project status, and coordinating activities to ensure timely delivery. Support Business Planning and Mid-Term Planning activities based on research and analytical findings related to business opportunities in new product and market directions.
- Supports long-term initiatives including SAP implementation, master data architecture, and Business Intelligence (BI) system and data mining activities to facilitate corporate level financial strategy decisions. Support executive management in financial analytics and strategy formulation.
- Handles a number of sensitive and confidential issues. Required to maintain the confidential nature of company proprietary and privileged information used or observed in the course of performing job duties.
- Four year college degree in Business or a related field and ten (10) years previous experience in Corporate Business Planning, Sales, Sales Planning, Engineering, Program Management, or Operations; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years leadership experience required.
- Experience in business planning and corporate reporting required.
- Experience in supporting, planning and organizing multiple projects, including monitoring and reporting project status, and coordinating activities to ensure timely delivery required.
- Experience creating/maintaining records, logs, document files, and databases for use in monitoring, tracking, and trending program/project costs, resources, schedules, and status for management required
- Overall knowledge and understanding of the automotive industry is desired.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows based databases as appropriate to the assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.