Lead the Panasonic Automotive Engineering team, to include people, innovative products and technologies and associated process and activities within our Software Engineering group spanning all customers and new / existing projects.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Lead organizational review/redesign activities at the business unit level that identify dysfunctional aspects of work flow, procedures, structures and systems and realign them to fit current business realities/goals better integrating people with core business processes, technology and systems.
- Defines, or provides input to, the Product Development Process Strategic Improvement Plan that is aligned to meet Engineering’s business goals and authors new processes when needed and submits for approval prior to implementation.
- Develops and manages the business unit/customer group level engineering resource plans to meet the development requirements of all the programs in the engineering group assigned in the form of work breakdown structure resource planning and critical path timing planning tools.
- Manages the software development dependencies between projects to meet the product specification requirements as defined in customer specifications, government regulations, & internal design standards documentation.
- Lead strategies to develop internal talent while balancing that effort with external hiring; targets challenging developmental assignments that build individual confidence and organizational capability.
- Ensures that those responsible for implementing a strategic initiative have role clarity and accountability for required actions and outputs as well as the authority to act in a way consistent with organizational values.
- Ensure that all individuals within the business unit are equipped with the knowledge and skills to support higher levels of performance and ongoing development of their skills. This includes the management of underperformers.
- Responsible for succession planning and the identification and development of high-potential talent within business unit.
- Responsible to assure all staff within the group, and across projects, are compliant and follow the process including documenting and archiving any required process evidential artifacts.
- Responsible for SW input on company roadmaps and in proposing and establishing new skills to meet the capabilities needed for future success of the company.
- Leads business unit level proposals in determining engineering product feasibility, cost effectiveness, & customer demand for new and existing products/technologies.
- Implements effective ways to monitor and evaluate customer concerns, issues, and satisfaction and seeks suggestions for improvement.
- Sets priorities and makes decisions that consider customer impact; measures customer satisfaction and retention to ensure solutions, practices, and procedures are achieved.
- Four-year college degree in Software, Electrical, Computer Engineering or related degree required.
- Ten (10) years of embedded software development, with related experience in automotive or electronics industry.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated budget and talent management experiences, preferably leading large software development teams across geographically diverse sub-teams including off-shore.
- Five (5) years of experience working as an architect working on a complex (IVI) system with advanced technologies like speech, networking, image processing, AI/ML, etc. Preference given to candidates with direct experience on hypervisor based systems, Android, cluster, and Functional Safety
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.