Manages people, product, budget, & process activities of the Advanced engineering/Production Engineering design teams as part of advanced product development activities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Leads advanced engineering technical internal roadmap and product plan to ensure readiness for business opportunities in audio product and software activities.
- Leads organizational structure review activities at the group level to continually improve group proficiency in the areas of work flow, procedures, structures and systems and continually align them to fit current business realities and goals.
- Leads strategies to develop internal talent and acquire new talent consistent with the group project targets and business strategies. Ensure resources are assigned a suitable mix of comfortable and some challenging developmental assignments, to build individual confidence and expand organizational capability.
- Ensures that those responsible for implementing a strategic initiative have role clarity and accountability for required actions and outputs as well as the authority to act in a way consistent with organizational values.
- Ensures that all individuals within the group are equipped with necessary knowledge and skills to support high levels of performance and ongoing development of their skills. This includes the management of underperformers.
- Responsible for succession planning and the identification and development of high-potential talent within business unit.
- Researches the new technologies, product and business areas, provides the latest information to business and identifies opportunities for business development.
- Identifies drive inclusion of appropriate new audio technologies into updated product plans and/or collaboratively translate to PASA business opportunities. Completes business case studies with a focus on business growth and ROI (Return on investment) in conjunction with Product Planning and the Business Unit.
- Identifies intellectual property opportunities and leads submission and approval consistent with PASA senior management approval.
- Assures all staff are trained and understands the PASA Product Launch System (PLS) elements that relate to advanced engineering and compliant and follow the process including documenting and archiving any required process artifacts.
- Leads group proposals in determining engineering product feasibility, cost effectiveness, & customer demand for new and existing products/technologies.
- Ensure that advanced engineering development meets regulatory, internal, and customer requirements especially for projects that have a clear path to production.
- Manages HW/SW/SE interdependencies between departments to meet the product specification requirements as defined in customer specifications, government regulations, & internal design standards documentation.
- Manages budget planning for fixed assets, sub-contractor, material, 3rd party/vendor, overhead expense across all projects and creates and presents return on investment justification as necessary. Ensures direct headcount is in line with overall annual headcount plan.
- Four-year college degree in Acoustics, Audio, Physics, Electrical, Computer Engineering or related degree required.MS engineering degree preferred. Ten (10) years of direct automotive audio engineering design related experience.
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership experience delivering at least 2 major automotive audio programs.
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership experience delivering at least 1 advanced or innovative automotive audio program.
- Demonstrated experience in loudspeaker design, amplifier design, audio processing and basic acoustics fields.
- Demonstrated experience with Audio and Acoustic test methodologies (FFT, RTA, IR, etc.), audio transducer modeling and testing (Klippel, etc.) and acoustic simulation tools (COMSOL, Ansys, etc.).
- Must be familiar with DSP implementation and integrations in modern devices.
- Experience preferred in audio algorithm development and their system integration including ANC, Beamforming, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in system and vehicle level approval and sign-off of automotive audio systems.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.