Panasonic – Government Bids Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Responsible for the ownership and management of the end-to-end bid process. Project manages a cross functional team (Sales, Service, Engineering, Product, Finance, Legal, & Risk members) responsible to deliver an on time, winning bid proposal including opportunity qualification, value proposition / strategy development, solution definition, commercial considerations, partner identification, and risk management. Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to meet challenging deadlines.
- Review customer bid (RFI, RFP, and other bid requests) requirements and establish strategy for response working with system integrators, reseller partners and internal resources.
- Establish bid response team including business SME’s from Sales, Engineering, Service, Product, SCM/Ops, Finance, Legal & Risk.
- Insure team and Business Head alignment with bid strategy.
Bid Proposal and Response:
- Manage the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities.
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Develop written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation. Prepare management summary as required.
- Manage bid budget as required.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bid proposals.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Track and mitigate risks through the bid process.
- Maintain good relationships with business unit teams, sales, product, service as well as resellers, integrators and distributors.
- Collaborate with Sales and Business Development teams to understand market and customer requirements.
- Train internal teams regarding bid requirements, risks, regulatory & compliance issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry associations as necessary to understand industry concerns and issues.
- Develop and maintain database for bids including responses, clauses, compliance, commercial terms and product/solution specifications for use in promoting efficiencies & continuous improvement in bid responses.
- Create, publish and monitor Bid KPI’s through executive dashboards.
- Arrange post bid review both internally and with customers to promote improved responses and bid win ratio.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, English or Technology or related majors
- 5-7+ years working in bid or contract management
- Contract writing and negotiation experience
- Federal and Public Sector Procurement and/or working experience a plus
- PMP Certification a plus
- Project Management Experience
- Strategic thinking and analysis capabilities including identifying risks and opportunities.
- Able to establish and manage bid management leading practices.
- Proven negotiation capability
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Experience managing large, complex projects
- Data analytical skills to drive decision making
- Ability to solve complex problems and propose alternative solutions
- Ability to work under pressure for tight deadlines
- Ability to manage cross functional teams
- Travel 25%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.