Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Responsible for investigating and managing complex and sensitive workplace incidents including harassment, discrimination, retaliation and other workplace misconduct across our global workforce. Deliver efficient and systematic resolution recommendations to investigations and serves as a team expert on investigation procedure and documentation. Responsible for developing internal best practices around tools, templates, training and technology
Global Employee Relations Investigation Management
- Manages 100% of the assigned investigations completed within defined target dates and expectations.
- Completes intake and conducts pre-screen assessment of incoming incident reports of discrimination, harassment, and other workplace misconduct based on protected Title VII and Title IX status through PAC's reporting systems and processes.
- Performs initial analysis of all complaints; partners with other team members to determine strategy, if necessary; prepares written incident evaluation reports by reviewing, summarizing, and evaluating relevant information collected during investigations; prepares and maintains daily activity logs, completed reports, and other documentation; provides information to management as appropriate.
- Prepares effective investigative plans.
- Collects and analyzes witness statements and documentary evidence and makes credibility determinations.
- Prepares thoughtful and thorough incident evaluation reports and recommendations for corrective action. Conducts thorough and impartial investigations comprising background research, investigative interviews, and shares findings and resolution recommendation with defined internal stakeholders.
- Case manages 100% of assigned investigations, including tracking system, communication updates, and incident evaluation reports.
- Establishes timely communication with all parties, including internal stakeholders in order to recommend/make appropriate and timely decisions.
- Prepares high-quality documentation and reports of the investigation that provide a clear and logical account of the allegations, investigative work performed, and key findings. Provides findings and resolution recommendations to internal stakeholders (HRBP's & People Managers) to ensure effective and timely remediation planning.
- Meet with senior-level managers and the HRBP to present investigative findings and recommendations
- Help identify areas of improvement during investigations to ensure that appropriate remedial actions are put in place across PAC to help prevent repeat violations.
- Provide input and guidance on performance management plans, leveraging company tools and resources and reinforcing best practices.
Employee Relations Documentation, Tools/Systems & Reporting
- In partnership with L&E, OEC and Director, HR, document Global ER investigation process flow(s) to ensure alignment with internal requirements and external best practices.
- Oversee PAC’s ER case management system (HR Acuity) including training other HR users as required for use in investigations.
- Develop job aides as needed.
- Enhance Policies & Procedures (P&P), performance management templates and Employee Handbook materials as needed in collaboration with Legal Department.
- Responsible for employee relations reporting and analytics on a Global basis. Identify trending in reporting and provide recommendations on remediation.
What We’re Looking For:
- Working knowledge of federal and state equal opportunity and non-discrimination laws, regulations, including Title VII, Title IX, labor relations and other related laws and policies.
- Experience conducting investigations and advising business clients on ER matters.
- Prior experience conducting root cause analysis and post-investigation remediation activities.
- Prior experience developing and providing training to investigators and business leaders.
- Prior experience with in-house/corporate hotline/whistleblower case management solutions preferred.
- Strong ethics, integrity, and accountability with the ability to maintain independence and confidentiality
- Ability to work across geographical, diverse and cultural boundaries and possess an ability to discern systemic issues revealed during the investigative process.
- Ability to work in direct contact with our internal investigatory partners, our employee populations, and our internal partner teams including OEC and Legal.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage and prioritize a diverse and complex workload. Ability to influence beyond authority in a complex and matrixed organization.
- Knows and understands all applicable legal and policy requirements pertaining to conducting investigations.
- Ability to trains, coach, and mentor other investigators and team members on investigation best practices as needed.
- Operates with a people-centered approach in all interactions with team members, people managers and their employees, internal & external investigatory teams and other relevant external stakeholders (i.e. EEOC, Works Councils etc.).
- Uses a high degree of empathy balanced against an ability to provide direct feedback, handle sensitive and confidential information, and navigate through difficult and uncomfortable situations.
- May involve interaction with or management of external investigatory partners, which may include holding regular check-ins, conducting investigation audits, and educating on new investigation automation and processes.
- Easily develops trust and rapport with others.
- Working knowledge of HR Acuity and/or other case management systems.
- BA/BS degree
- JD degree in good standing with the State Bar of CA. is a plus
- 10 years’ professional working experience conducting ER investigations within a Fortune 500 or private global company or law firm.
- Travel both domestically and internationally up to 20% of time.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate.