Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability and career growth opportunities and work with the industry's brightest minds. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas, such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
If you want to be able to work with a great deal of latitude and have an immediate positive impact, this role may be for you. If you want meaningful work that makes a difference to employees around the world, this is your chance. The individual in the role of Global Benefits Manager will be a key member of the HR team who will serve as the lead subject matter expert in benefits outside the United States. This individual will help develop the strategic direction and drive the execution of the company’s global benefits programs that matter to our employees. Reporting to the Director of Global Total Rewards, the Global Benefits Manager will proactively design and administer benefits programs that support our overall Employee Value Proposition. The person in this role will ensure that all benefits programs outside the US are compliant, cost-effective, competitive, sustainable, and positively impact attracting and retaining talent. They also get to be creative in developing and driving global and regional wellness campaigns.
- Administer medical, wellness, dental, vision, life AD&D, supplemental life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and various other voluntary benefits outside the US.
- Provide global oversight, direction, and have a strong working knowledge of international benefits programs.
- Maintain knowledge of and analyze government regulations, benefits program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations, including leveraging the vendor network for these resources; recommend changes as needed.
- Monitor benefit programs to ensure adherence to internal policies and external legislation including compliance of all regional and country legislation.
- Lead the annual open enrollment processes by recommending program changes and gaining executive approval.
- Prepare associated communication materials, supporting the design and accuracy of enrollment and working with vendors on ensuring accurate benefit enrollment.
- Develop and maintain effective communication strategies and ensure all benefit programs are fully understood and appropriately valued by employees.
- Act as an escalation point, in partnership with regional HR, for employee inquiries regarding benefits.
- Support establishing a workplace culture that supports facets of health: mental, emotional, and physical well-being; lead communication efforts, implementation, and educational initiatives.
- Work with Finance to develop, recommend, and monitor budget allocations for international benefits.
- Drive continuous improvement in benefits administration through automation.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure benefit or policy design changes cascade to appropriate systems.
- Be a liaison between our parent company and us for US benefits.
Vendor Management & Renewals
- Manage benefits vendor relationships, consultant relationships, and contracts.
- Review and analyze international benefit renewals, driving for economies of scale and competitive benefits for employees.
- Assess claims data/utilization to determine the appropriateness of renewal increases.
- Project manage the RFP process and implementations.
Benefits Survey Participation
- Participate in benefits surveys by country as a central repository of information on benefits outside the US.
- Extract information from benefits surveys to stay abreast of how we compare with our industry and beyond for benefits offerings.
Reporting & Ad Hoc Projects
- Use data analytics to identify trends, risks, and opportunities and make recommendations for improvement.
- Support the effort to roll out and maintain Total Rewards statements, including participation in development, testing, and deploying.
- Develop and drive global and local wellness campaigns and associated communications.
- Ensure that we have the operational metrics in place to accurately forecast for the business to identify what is effective and what needs improvement in terms of process, proposition, and people.
What We’re Looking For:
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with global benefits practices and principles, laws, and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make sound recommendations based on facts and logic.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations in computing rates, premiums, and adjustments.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Additional languages are a plus (especially Spanish, French, or German).
- Knowledge of Mercer WBEG and Mercer GOLD+ a plus.
- Experience participating in and utilizing global benefits surveys.
- Must be comfortable working independently and making decisions.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with HR team, employees, and vendors.
- Consultative and educational approach to working with employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization, including senior leadership.
- Flexibility and diplomacy to manage challenging and complex stakeholders, internally and externally, as part of a multi-cultural team.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated effective project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong initiative and self-management.
- Knows when to ask for help and support.
- University degree in Business or related field or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum of 8 years managing and administering global benefits
- Certificate in Global Benefits Management, Diploma in International Employee Benefits, CBP, and/or CEBS certification highly preferred
- Receives general instruction and guidance while using independent discretion to resolve a variety of moderate to complex issues
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
The salary range of £59,600 - £107,300 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.