Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
We are currently working remotely until the end of 2021 and will offer a hybrid/remote work schedule once we return to our new offices in Irvine.
Provide reporting, analytical, accounting support for general accounting, other internal management functions within accounting and finance group. Performs and reviews other general accounting functions as required in compliance with JSOX and GAAP/IFRS reporting standards, including review of global subsidiary and intercompany reporting/transactions. Prepare and review account reconciliations and journal entries. Manage and motivate junior accountants to ensure work is completed timely (i.e. month-end close and quarter-end deadline, JSOX compliance deadlines). Work in a team focused environment.
Reconciliation and Analytical Support
- Research and analysis of finance wide general ledger accounts to ensure proper recording of transactions (in accordance with GAAP/IFRS standards and company policy) and to book or review necessary adjustments as required.
- Review and compile required documentation for JSOX purposes to ensure complying with required control processes and procedures (i.e. monthly basis)
- Reconciles and reviews general ledger accounts monthly as assigned, including various payroll accounts, manual accrual accounts, and other general accounts.
- Review cash transactions; ensuring proper booking and reconcilement to bank statements on a monthly basis. Other cash responsibilities include booking and reviewing various manual journal entries within both the General ledger and Account Receivable modules
Month-end Close Process
- Assist in general ledger closing activities (i.e. Oracle close process) coordinating with finance and accounting departments and staff during an aggressive three day close.
- Prepare and/or review various journal entries to ensure booking in accordance with GAAP/IFRS and company policy
- Ability to prepare financial statement reports for interoffice reporting to parent company (Panasonic Corporation) and necessary schedules (i.e. disclosures)
- Review global intercompany reporting from subsidiary companies to ensure transactions are reported properly as well as inline w/ company policy.
- Assist in complying required documentation for external and internal audits (i.e. quarterly, annual basis)
- Ensures staff is trained and equipped to complete assigned tasks.
- Monitors staff performance and completes scheduled performance reviews.
- Assists in planning and recruiting of staff.
- Proficient in the use of MS office suite of software applications i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Background in Oracle General Ledger (desired, but not required) or other equivalent application
- Ability to work as a team member, with a high degree of problem solving skills
- Possesses an analytical disposition and is able to recognize areas of need and respond pro-actively to resolve issues.
- Ability to coordinate multiple, high-priority tasks on parallel tracks at the same time.
- Ability to communicate effectively (internal/external): Interfaces with PAC mid level and senior level management (Controller). Interfaces with Accounting Manager and Finance/Accounting on a daily basis. Interfaces with other PAC internal groups for problem solving (i.e. HR, IT, Procurement)
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related study (audit experience in a public accounting firm is a plus)
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting experience with experience in financial reporting, intercompany transactions, and ability to review the work of others.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to domestic and international locations.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.