Provide assistance in the day-to-day accounting duties, month-end closing cycles, and assist in providing accurate financial reporting in a timely manner to management in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare, Validate and enter monthly recurring and miscellaneous journal entries ensuring the accuracy of the information in accordance with GAAP. Resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations. Research and resolve all reconciling items and ensure all transactions are properly recorded in the correct accounting periods.
- Assist with the accurate and timely closing of the general ledger.
- Calculate, Prepare and Remit monthly Retail Sales Tax Remittances. Assist in the collection of information for our annual Corporate Tax Return.
- Process Accounts Payable. Accurately code invoices and sales taxes to appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Assist in the development of procedures and process improvement opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- BBA specialization in accounting or finance.
- 2-5 years experience in a general ledger environment.
- Extensive knowledge of excel desired as well as mainframe general ledger systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail-oriented, and highly motivated and organized.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.