Panasonic – Full Stack Software Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Are you a Full Stack Software Engineer with experience developing LAMP stack tools and technologies? Does the idea of being a part of an in-house development team where you can establish standards for software development in an enterprise setting excite you? If so, we encourage you to apply! This impactful role will drive front and back end development as well as the enhancement and evolution of PNA's flagship website.
What you will get to do:
Panasonic Corporation of North America is undergoing a digital optimization phase across its core web technology stack, evolving the user experience to drive engagement and conversion and overall customer satisfaction. The Full Stack Software Engineer will be responsible for driving the front and back end development, enhancement, and evolution of the PNA flagship website, na.panasonic.com, incorporating best practice development techniques across desktop and mobile web digital experiences for the Marketing Digital and Communications team and Panasonic North America.
- Produce high quality software code in a LAMP stack environment, using latest standards in development & code management (git/version control, CI/CD, Issue tracking/JIRA, etc).
- Interface with product owner, project manager, designer, and data analysts to produce software code according to design mockups, business requirements, and specifications.
- Develop and manage CMS (Drupal) templates, components, and overall IA framework
- Lead transformation of user experiences through advancement of established design and component systems (PatternLab)
- React to, and develop UI elements based on A/B testing driven site optimization approach.
- Lead the building of tests that will validate the performance and scalability of the schemes proposed.
- Develop and lead pull request process, QA best practices and other quality control and governance measures
- Coach fellow software engineers
What You’ll Bring:
- The Full Stack Software Engineer reports to the Drupal Product Owner.
- Does not have direct reports
Education & Experience:
- 5-7 years of Web Development coding experience required
- Experience developing with LAMP stack tools and technologies
- Experience with Drupal 8 or 9 a strong plus
- Experience with the development of large scale, responsive, web-based applications
- Experience in test-driven development and designing tests for code validation
- Experience building and maintaining components, templates, and libraries for Content Management Systems
- Experience developing with PHP
- Experience with component-based design and front-end templating frameworks, ex: Pattern Lab
- Unit testing experience is highly desirable
- Experience developing and maintaining web services and cloud hosted solutions
- Bachelors Degree of Computer Science preferred.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Quick learner for adopting new technologies as they come
- Ability to work in coordination with development team
- Strong commitment to collaboration with other key functions within an agile framework
- Development and coaching of peer developers
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Managing feedback and / or objections
- Effective communication across a multi-vendor environment
- No travel requirements
- Newark, NJ preferred but may consider remote
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.