Yohana is on a mission to help people find more balance and prioritize well-being. We create integrated software, services, and hardware specifically for modern families, to alleviate their mental load so they can feel present and connected. We are a fully funded independent subsidiary of Panasonic, one of the oldest purpose-driven brands in the world, with leadership from big tech (Google, Apple, Microsoft) and well as hypergrowth startups (Nest, Waymo, Casper).
First up is our Yohana Membership, which just launched in Seattle. It's a personal assistant service designed for busy families – especially moms – to help lighten the mental load of having too much to do. It's the first of many meaningful things we're working on.
We're building a positive, supportive culture from the ground up, where individuals and team grow together. Maybe you should join us.
About The Role:
You will work in a small team of engineers to build new web experiences from the ground-up, as well as integrate new features. You are expected to be a hands-on developer who excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment building high quality, high performance and scalable ecommerce
software. You will be expected to work equally between design and hands-on development. You will work closely with mobile, services and other client developers to define and provide the appropriate APIs. Having experience in ecommerce and web development is also a definitive plus as well as
experience with machine learning.
What You’ll Bring:
- Work closely with UX designers, project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development issues.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise, and help make our products better for all users.
- Design and develop the front ends of user-facing products.
- Build awesome web experiences using React.js.
- Plan and accommodate all mediums, screen sizes and device types.
- Build in flexibility and customization from the start.
- Internalize the user and promote good usability and accessibility in every experience.
- Be nimble and react quickly to changing business conditions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience or other evidence of exceptional ability.
- Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
- Testing with Jest/Enzyme/Cypress.
- Experience with a strongly typed language (TypeScript).
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, Yarn, etc.
- Excellent mastery of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and SEO.
- Strong CSS skills w/ experience building responsive applications across a variety of browsers and devices using modern CSS3 techniques.
- Experience with and passion for user-interface design.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Node, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with communicating to all levels of users (internal and external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Demonstrated sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Discounts on Panasonic products
- Company Social Events